Over the last 20 years working as an electrician, I’ve spent over $10,000 on tools.
Some of the tools I’ve worked with felt like they were hand-crafted by Zeus himself, while others weren’t worth the box they came in.
A good set of tools saves you a huge amount of time, money, and frustration (oh, so much frustration).
After reading a bunch of terrible electrician tools lists online (by people who have clearly never worked a day outside in their life) – I finally decided to make my own list.
So here is the Top 50 Best Electrician’s Tools List of 2024 (written by someone who has actually worked as an electrician). Let’s jump right into the fun stuff.
Top 50 Best Electricians Tools List
- VoltAlert technology for non-contact voltage detection
- AutoVolt automatic AC/DC voltage selection. DC millivolts - Range : 600.0 mV, Resolution : 0.1 mV
- Low input impedance: helps prevent false readings due to ghost voltage
The Fluke 117 multimeter screams excellence. Its True RMS precision. The LED backlight. The clear display. The AutoVolt function (which autodetects AC/DC voltage for you). Its CAT III safety rating. Its intuitive and user-friendly interface.
Fluke has outdone themselves on this one. There was definitely a lot of talk between engineers and electricians at Fluke to produce this outstanding multimeter. That said if you’re looking for a more in-depth discussion you can check out our review of the best electricians multimeter available.
- LIGHTED TOOL BACKPACK: LED light can be easily directed at work area or into backpack to help identify tools and parts. 3 Levels of light output allow adjustment for wide area illumination or close-up work, light output 39 Lumens max.
- COMFORTABLE TO CARRY: This tool backpack comes with padded web carrying handles and adjustable shoulder straps and large pads on back for extra comfort.
- DURABLE TOOL BACKPACK: This heavy duty tool backapck comes with base pad feet to help reduce wear and abrasion.
This tool backpack from DeWalt features a huge number of pockets for storage, with 48 internal pockets and 9 on the exterior – making for a total of 57 places to store your tools. This is our favorite electrician’s backpack, but if you’re looking for more variety you can check out our review of the best tool backpacks on the market.
- Hand-Specific Tool Holders Promote Maximum Working Rhythm on the Job
- Function Engineered for the Modern Electrician
- No Spill Tool Holder System
This Occidental Leather Electrician’s Tool Belt is a comfortable addition to any electrician tools list wear. Its super heavy-duty design is made to last a lifetime and is proudly made in the USA. If you’re looking for a more in-depth discussion you can check out our review of the top electrician tool belts available.
- Induction-hardened cutting edges cut the toughest materials, including ACSR, nails, screws and even piano wire. Coated for superior rust resistance.
- The handles feature a 3-component molded grip contoured for optimal cushion and control, allowing the user to make more cuts comfortably.
- The exclusive hook and lanyard system lets you attach pliers to help prevent accidental drops and provide easy retrieval from pouches or pockets.
Irwin Lineman’s Pliers delivers up to 3x more gripping power than the traditional locking pliers. They also feature a 10QR curved jaw for torquing and gripping multiple surface shapes and for creating pressure points on four points on any bolt head or style nut. I primarily use these to cut my wires to specific lengths when I am terminating on devices. The built-in fish tape puller and connector crimper let you complete more tasks with one tool. If you’re looking for a more in-depth discussion you can check out our review of the top lineman pliers on the market.
- Innovative filter technology blocks interference "buzz" that makes tracing difficult, sends loud tone up to 10 miles (16 kilometers) on most cables, easy to hear through drywall, wood, and other enclosures
- Kit includes: Pro3000F filtered probe with 60Hz frequency filter and Pro3000 tone generator, angled bed-of-nails clips for individual pairs, RJ-11 connector for use on telephone jacks and nylon case which attaches to a belt, replacement tip for probe, requires 9V battery not included
- SmartTone technology provides 5 distinct tones for exact pair identification so you can find cables faster on non-active networks
A tone generator and probe kit is key to tracing wires and identify unlabelled cables. It places a tone on the wire which allows you to detect it on the other end. Fluke’s tone generator is a masterpiece to work with, and I highly recommend it. If you’re looking for a more in-depth review though, check out my complete guide on the best tone generator and probe kit.
- Quickly, accurately, and automatically find the corresponding circuit breaker of any 120V standard outlet
- Flashing arrow indicator for easy identification
- Strong transmitter reaches distances up to 1000-feet
This is a great tool to locate a specific circuit in a panel you need to turn off. Before I had this I would tell my helper just turn each one on and off until I found the right one. The only problem is you can not do that in a commercial setting where there are lots of computers. This tool eliminates the guesswork! If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best circuit breaker finders on the market.
- Screwdriver Set features three sizes of cabinet, keystone and Phillips tips. (See individual tool listings for more details)
- Insulated screwdrivers have two layers of insulation to provide protection against electric shock
- Meets or exceeds IEC 60900: 2012, ASTM F1505-10 standards for insulated tools
Featuring dual-layered insulation, these screwdrivers offer unrivaled protection from electric shocks, and they’re rated to withstand up to 1000 volts. These babies meet or exceed IEC 60900: 2012, ASTM F1505-10 standards for insulated tools.
It comes packed with a highly durable, black nylon case with a zipper closure, custom-fitted pockets, and even an additional extra pocket for added storage.
These insulated screwdrivers are also made in the USA, which means Klein is helping to support local jobs. But you don’t have to buy these tools out of the kindness of your heart – they scream quality with their premium chrome-finish and comfortable and stylish hand grips.
- ELECTRICIAN WIRE STRIPPING KNIFE: This electrician multi tool combines a folding pocket knife with clip and a UTP wire stripper in the handle; a must-have for electricians and contractors
- 3.4 INCH AUS-8 STEEL KNIFE BLADE: A satin finish, clip point blade with a laser-etched custom design is handy for a great lineman knife; blade features a laser-etched custom “Kilowatt” design
- 3-WAY WIRE STRIPPER: This EDC knife has a UTP and wire stripper bar built in the handle that works with 10-22 gauge wire sizes for quick jobs; multi-gauge capability lets you tackle multiple tasks
This is a great addition to any toolset. It comes with 3 separate wire stripping accessories. It truly is 3 tools in one. It’s heavy-duty and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
For a review on every type of electrician knife on the market, see our article on top electricians knives to find the best knife for you.
- Rugged Flex - Carhartt's unique Rugged Flex technology moves and stretches with you throughout the day so that whatever you're doing, it's easier to do because you need gear that helps you move not gear that holds you back
- Rubber Sole - shock absorbing traction In any environment. Perfect for indoors or outdoors. Whether it's a casual stroll through the neighborhood or a cold muddy day on the job site, this versatile work boot keeps your feet supported and protected
- Durable & Versatile - Cement constructed Carhartt Rugged Flex outsole makes for a durable long lasting men's boot, great as work or casual wear. Go seamlessly from work to woods in this well constructed supportive boot. Comfortable - Generously padded tongue and collar plus a lightweight EVA midsole and OrthoLite insole give you multiple layers of cushioning for all day comfort
Carhartt is a veteran shoemaker that is known for its rugged and durable workplace products. It has been a popular brand for over two centuries and is a brand of choice for many electricians. Their work boots take our top spot for the best electricians’ work boots on the market. That said if you’re looking for a more in-depth discussion you can check out our review of the best electricians works boots available. We also have an in-depth guide on the best insoles for work boots if you’re in need of some added comfort.
- HIGH QUALITY PROTECTION: Intended for general purpose use or in places elevated temperatures. These Skullgard helmets have been tested to radiant heat loads producing temperatures up to, but not exceeding 350°F. A smooth crown allows for the easiest use of all MSA welding equipment. Meet the voluntary standard for reverse donning, low temperature [LT], higher temperature [HT[, and Hi-Viz [HV].
- MULTI-PURPOSE CAP STRENGTH: Crafted with a phenolic shell and handmade for durability, toughness and quality, this helmet is usable in a variety of industries. Use Skullgard helmets in steel mills, welding, construction, open-pit mining, oil/gas/petrochemical refineries, rubber manufacturing, and steam tunnels.
- FAS-TRAC III SUSPENSION: Designed based on opinions and input from hundreds of customers, our top-end Fas-Trac III suspension functions as an improved ratchet suspension. Flush rear lug attachments eliminate pressure points and three levels of nape strap adjustment give for a fully customized fit. Ratchet comfort pad is contoured to the back of the head, improving airflow and preventing hair-pulling. Ensure continued wear with drastically improved comfort and a graspable ratchet.
If you’re looking for the top electricians’ hard hat on the market, then look no further than the MSA 475407 Natural Tan Skullgard Hard Hat. Made in the USA and clocking in at only 0.65 pounds, this hardhat has been masterfully designed with comfort and durability in mind.
From a safety perspective, this hard hat provides dielectric protection up to 2,200 volts (ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014 [Class G] Compliant) – which is exactly what you want in an electrician’s hard hat. It is also ANSI/CSA Type I compliant, meaning that it protects against vertical impacts and penetrations. If you’re looking to explore other options, check out our full review on the best electricians hard hats available.
- � [SUPER BRIGHT LED]: Illuminates up to 85 meters with a 360-lumen beam of LED light in high mode - This head lamp can light up the room, or the campsite, with ease.
- � [MAXIMUM DURABILITY]: Features a durable construction that withstands 1-meter drop test, a shatterproof lens, and a water-resistant IPX4 rated body - making this head light the perfect rugged companion both indoors and outdoors.
- � [7 VERSATILE MODES]: Provides 7 light modes: high, low, wide, wide low, red, flashing red, and green. With versatile modes, you'll have optimal lighting for just about any situation.
And to go with your hard hat – an LED hard hat light. The Energizer High-Powered LED Headlamp Flashlight is outstanding, able to light up to 85 meters ahead with a 360-lumen beam of the LED light. It provides 7 light modes: high, low, wide, wide low, red, flashing red, and green. This gives you a huge amount of versatility to find the perfect light for any situation. That said if you’re looking to explore other options, check out our full review on the best LED hard hat lights on the market.
Make your electrical related tasks even easier by this high-quality electrician tool vest by Bucketboss. It’s made to be super durable, so it will last a long day on the job. This vest has 16 pockets in total with 13 pockets on waist and 3 pockets on the bib. So, this lets you keep all of your tools with you conveniently anywhere you go. If you’re looking for more variety, check out our full review of the best tool vests for electricians available.
- Kit includes: 1 Scout Pro 2 Tester, 1 self-storing remote, 5 LanMap RJ45 Location Remotes, 5 CoaxMap F-connector Location Remotes, 1 coax barrel F adapter, manual and 9V battery
- Includes voltage warning, shield detection, auto power off, low battery indicator and a self-storing remote
- Tests voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45) and video (F-connector) coax connections
This tester kit from Klein Tools includes many features and gets the cable testing done in less time. It has a unique and beautiful design, with a plastic body that gives it a long life. The kit with the product is also equipped with features such as 1 Scout Pro 2 Tester, location remotes, five coax map, one coax, and a remote to identify cable runs. While we consider this the best network cable tester, you can see our full review of the top cable testers on the market.
- Cable Splicing: Extremely sharp blade cuts through tough cables and insulation with ease
- Cutlery Steel Blade: Coping blade is made from high strength cutlery steel and is tempered to maintain its edge with repeated use
- Comfortable Grip: Ergonomically designed TPR (Thermoplastic Rubber) non-slip easy grip handle for increased comfort
The Jonard cable splicing tool is a great option to cut any type of insulation on wires, since it has a sharp steel blade made to cut through all types of insulation that are various thicknesses. The handle of this splicing knife is made for a greater non-slippery easy grip of TRP (thermoplastic rubber) that is made to ensure that the user can be safe with the usage of the cable splicer knife. If you’re looking for more variety, check out our full review of the best cable splicing knives on the market.
- Needle Nose Pliers with induction hardened cutting knives for long life
- Knurled jaws for sure wrapping and looping
- Slim head design for working in confined areas
I use these for multiple tasks. They are great for reaching dropped screws or to hold a screw for drilling.
- VERSATILE WIRE STRIPPER/CUTTER: Cuts, strips, and loops 10-18 AWG Solid and 12-20 AWG Stranded wire, shears screws
- PRECISION STRIPPING: Precision ground stripping holes for accurate and clean cuts
- STRONG-GRIPPING NOSE: Serrated nose grips wire for easy bending, shaping, and pulling
These are the most comfortable strippers I have ever used. They form to your hand well and the spring is not too tight allowing for easy usage. These also have the 10-32 and 6-32 hole slots so you can cut them down and not damage the thread. I also use the hole above the side cutters to make loops my wires for terminations on receptacles and switches.
- Right angle, laser heat-treated teeth grip better and last longer
- Undercut tongue & groove design won't slip
- PERMALOCK fastener eliminates nut and bolt failure
I use these to tighten fittings when installing EMT conduit and Rigid conduit. It can also be used to tighten lock nuts on various connectors. Mainly used for 2-inch conduit and smaller.
- Multi-bit screwdriver / nut driver shaft holds 8 popular tips and converts to 3 nut driver sizes
- Includes industrial strength heat treated bits: 3/8-Inch, 5/16-Inch and 1/4-Inch nut drivers, #1 and #2 Phillips, 1/4-Inch and 3/16-Inch slotted, T10 and T15 TORX, and #1 and #2 square recess
- Interchangeable blade for fast and easy switch out; comfortable Cushion-Grip handle
This is a must-have for any electrician. This tool has so many features rolled into one. It has both screwdrivers and nut drivers built-in. This is super convenient because it reduces the number of tools you need to carry on your tool belt.
I have one piece of important advice when using this tool. NEVER, and I mean NEVER, use this in a live electrical panel. Some times the detachable pieces become loose and fall. This could cause a short or arch between the live buss and the panel enclosure. If you must work in a live panel, always use a good set of fully insulated screwdrivers.
- Set conduit size for multiple cuts of the same size conduit
- Compact and lightweight, fits easily in back pocket or tool pouch
- Set blade adjustment with only a screwdriver
This tool is a must if you work MC cable. You will find MC cable in commercial or industrial settings most likely. This makes the job of cutting the flex so easy. Before I was introduced to this tool, I used my side cutters to strip the flex off and I found that the roto split is much faster and cleaner. Another benefit is it never cuts or damages the wire. I sometimes did that with my side cutters.
If you work with EMT conduit then this tool is a must. When you cut conduit with a saw it leaves sharp pieces on the pipe. The reamer removes all the sharp pieces and leaves the ends smoothed. It also has a handy flat head screwdriver at the end so you do not have to change tools when tightening fittings.
- SECURE MAGNET TRACK: Patented design prevents Rare-Earth magnets from falling out, ensuring durability and reliability
- EASY-TO-READ VIALS: Large, high-visibility vials at 4 angles (level, 90, 45, and 30 degrees) provide accurate readings
- MULTIPLE ANGLE READABILITY: Top-view vial window enables easy readability from various angles, enhancing usability
I use this particular electrician level because it utilizes rare earth magnets. This thing will stick to anything! It is so useful when installing EMT conduit and installing electrical cabinets, and you never have to worry about it dropping and breaking. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best torpedo level for electricians.
- Magnetic tape measure
- Nylon bond blade protection
This is by far my favorite tape measure out there. The magnetic tip is super handy when making a measurement. If you’re looking for a more in-depth discussion on tape measures, you can check out our review of the best tape measures for electricians on the market.
- Be aware of voltage easily - the tip glows red and a beeper sounds when voltage is detected
- Continuous self-test so you always know it’s working
- Voltage detection range for wide application use - 90 V to 1000 V AC or 200 V to 1000 V AC
I use this to quickly determine if a circuit is on or off. If you’re looking for a more in-depth discussion you can check out our review of the top non contact voltage tester on the market.
- SharpTooth Saw Technology of the hand saw uses three cutting surfaces to cut 50% faster than conventional STANLEY Hand Saws
- Comfortable, slip-resistant, bi-material handle of the handsaw is designed for strength and durability
- Sharpened tip punches through drywall with ease
I like this Stanley saw. It’s the Fatmax line of the Stanley tools. Plan on using this to cut in new remodel metal or plastic boxes into finished walls. This can also be used to easily slice through drywall.
- DURABLE KNEEPADS: Ballistic poly material provides long lasting strength on this professional heavy duty kneepads.
- EASY REPOSITIONING: These durable kneepads feature an upper tab for easy respositioning on the knee, slip-buckle fastener system with adjustable straps, large, adjustable neoprene straps.
- GEL TECHNOLOGY: Layered over thick, close-cell foam padding surrounds knees for ultimate support and comfort in these professional kneepads.
These are great knee saver when having to trim out receptacles. During the trim out phase of a project, most plugs are mounted at 18-24 inches off the ground. If you are on a large project like an apartment complex or a large commercial structure you can expect to be crouched for an extended period of time. Also, these are great when working in attics on rafters. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best knee pads for construction.
- Nut drivers' full hollow shafts (except 3/16-Inch [5 mm]) facilitate work on long bolt applications
- Rare-Earth magnetic tips on nut drivers hold fasteners in place
- Cushion-Grip handles for greater torque and comfort with color coded handle domes for easy identification
I keep these in my bag for special applications. I use these when I need to install breakers in an electrical panel. The magnetic tip is helpful because it allows me to not worry if I am going to drop a screw.
- Professional tool crimps, strips and cuts cable for 8 and 6 position modular plugs
- This user friendly device works with any Ethernet or telephone cable
- Compact design with easy handle hand grips
This TRENDnet TC-CT68 tool can perform crimping, cutting, and stripping, as well. The body of this crimping tool is made up of steel to make it sturdy. It can be used while working with telephone or Ethernet cables. The most prominent feature of this crimping tool is its ratchet mechanism that keeps the tool closed when not in use. If you’re looking for something different, you can check out our review of the best RJ45 crimper tools on the market.
- Screwdrivers have positive gripping action that holds, starts and drives slotted screws in awkward, hard-to-reach places
- Split-blade screw-holding screwdriver wedges into screw slot
- Includes 3/16-Inch, 1/4-Inch and 5/16-Inch (5 mm, 6 mm and 8 mm) tips
I keep these handy when I am trying to install screws in hard to reach places.
- Multi-bit stubby screwdriver / nut driver with compact interchangeable shaft holds 4 universal tips and converts to 2 nut driver sizes
- INCLUDES: non-magnetic nut driver sizes 1/4-Inch (6 mm) and 5/16-Inch (8 mm) and Screwdriver sizes #1 and #2 Phillips, 3/16-Inch (5 mm) and 1/4-Inch (6 mm) slotted
- Compact design features standard 1-1/4-Inch (32 mm) shaft allowing easy access to tight work spaces
I use this when I have limited space to tighten or loosen screws.
- Titanium Nitride Coated two flute spiral design provides longer life and better chip removal
- Split point tip increases speed
- Laser engraved numbers increases step visibility
I have used them all and by far this is the BEST one on the market. It’s double-sided and cuts super fast. This is the most convenient and quickest way to create holes in junction boxes and panels. This is a must-have item. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best step drill bits available.
- SLUG-BUSTER KNOCKOUT KIT: Punches precise holes in up to 10-gauge mild steel, aluminum, brass, copper, fiberglass, and plastics for 1/2-in. to 2-in. conduit size knockouts
- HIGH-LEVERAGE RATCHET WRENCH: 1-in. high-leverage hex ratchet wrench features a convenient 5-degree ratcheting mechanism
- ERGONOMIC PUNCH PROFILE: Splits slugs in half to make the slug removal process extremely easy and has a knurled edge for a secure grip
This set goes from 1/2 inch to 2 inches. I typically use my step bit to first drill the hole large enough to insert the knock out set screw. Then I use the ratchet to finish the hole. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best electrical knockout sets on the market.
- Powerful 9 US TRUE TON Punching Capacity. Compatible with GREENLEE and other domestic punch tooling 3/4"-16 threads.
- 6 Die Sets for conduit fitting size: ½, ¾, 1, 1¼, 1 ½, 2". All dies have laser engraved alignment marks for easy and precise positioning.
- Punching Thickness Capacity: 1/8 inch (11 ga) Steel Punching Capacity, 1/16 inch Stainless Steel.
Here is the hydraulic version of the manual KO set. This one is great to use when making larger holes in electrical cabinets. The hydraulic punch allows for super-fast operation. The best part about this set is that its a fraction of the cost of the Greenlee hydraulic set and it comes with a 5 year warranty!
- Country Of Origin: China
- Model Number: 830
- Item Package Dimension: 10.0" L x 2.5" W x 8.5" H
I use this mostly for PVC boxes. The knock out kit does not work with PVC. Also if the metal in panel or box is really thick, this seems to work better than the knock out kit.
- Digital clamp meter measures AC current to 400 amp, AC and DC voltage to 600 v, and resistance to 4 kilo ohms. Does not measure DC current
- The true RMS sensing meter provides accurate readings when measuring linear or non-linear loads, regardless of waveform
- Jaw opening measures current in a conductor up to 30 millimeter without touching or interrupting the circuit. Resistance accuracy: 1.0% ± 5 digits
The Fluke 323 clamp meter can measure AC current of up to 400 Amps, and it can measure both AC and DC voltages up to 600V. This model can also test resistance levels up to 4 kilohms. To ensure that you have stable and accurate results, the Fluke clamp meter takes True RMS AC voltage and current readings. This is our number one pick for clamp meters. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our reviews of the best clamp meters for electricians.
- GREAT FOR ASSET MANAGEMENT: Print Code 39 and Code 128 bar codes on 3/4" (19mm) wide labels
- INDUSTRY COMPLIANT: Meet key ANSI and TIA/EIA-606-A industry labeling standards
- TIME-SAVING FEATURES: Exclusive, one-touch “Hot Keys” to automatically size, space, and format label text for electrical and patch panels, terminal and 110 blocks, wire and cable flags, horizontal and vertical wraps, and fixed-length applications
Not all label makers are created equal! This one is the best for electrical applications. Super easy to label cables. If you’re looking for an in-depth review, you can check out our full review of the best label makers for electricians.
- LOCKOUT TAGOUT KIT: Kit contains the lockout devices needed to lock equipment power plugs and circuit breakers
- LOCKOUT TAGOUT TOOLBOX: Rugged polypropylene toolbox allows for easy and convenient safety tagging on the go
- KEYED-DIFFERENT LOCKS: Each padlock is keyed differently with keys precision-machined to exacting standards, ensuring that the key for one lock will not open another in the set
This is vital for safety. I have this kit and it comes with breaker locks and locks for panels. When working in an environment that people have access to panels this is a must for your safety!
- CORDED DRILL: This close quarter power drill has a 55-degree angle head that allows the drill to reach into places other drills can’t go and has a 3/8-inch keyed bit holder chuck for easy bit replacement to fit with a variety of applications with an included chuck key.
- ANGLE DRILL: Ergonomically designed paddle trigger and pistol grip is designed for precise drilling and RPM control and utilizes a grip that is slightly textured to prevent slips and increase accuracy and efficiency.
- VARIABLE POWER DRILL: The variable speed ranges from 0 to 1400 RPM for precision drilling in tight spaces with a forward/reverse switch that allows for easy directional changes to make fast work for home improvement jobs and more.
Neiko has yet again created another marvel with this powerful and durable tool. Not only does it offer a 55-degree angle which allows the drill to reach in those hard to reach places, it also boasts a powerful and sturdy chuck system which is 3/8 keyed. The Neiko Close Quarter Power Drill boasts a convenient gun trigger as well; to ensure the maximum grip and reliability at all times. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best right angle drills on the market.
- 104 Lumens of brightness
- High/Low settings which allow for Extended Run Time
- Anti-Slip strap keeps it securely fastened to hard hats
I personally like my hands free when I am working. There are going to be times in service when you are working in a dark attic or maybe a crawl space. Headlamps are a great way to keep your hands free and they proved the light in the exact place you are happening to be looking. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best headlamps for work.
- DEWALT tough Coat hard coated lens provides tough protection against scratches
- DEWALT Xtra clear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging
- Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high level protection from dust and debris
These are an important part of being safe on the job. I like these full shielded safety goggles because of the protection from dust. Most of the time you are going to use these when you are cutting conduit or hammer drilling and setting concrete anchors. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our full review of the best electrical safety glasses.
- Durable and comfortable
- Open cuff for quick on/off
- Durahide palm and leather first fingers for durability
These gloves help protect you by removing the hazard of cuts. They are great to use when cutting conduit with a saw, or when using a band saw. Also, they’re great to use when pulling wire. Some times during a pull your hand gets nicked or cut by the sharp edges of junctions boxes. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our full review of the best electrical gloves.
- VERSATILE HEX-SOCKET SET: This versatile hex-driver set features 32 pieces, including 16 SAE hex bits and 16 metric bits. Each bit replaces multiple Allen wrenches and is compatible with hand wrenches and ratchet handles
- HIGH-QUALITY HEX-BIT SET: Each piece in this hex set is made from durable S2 alloy steel. The S2 steel construction ensures superior hardness that reduces wear and ensures maximum durability and turning power.
- PRECISION BITS: These hex bits are finely crafted and precisely machined to ensure accurate sizing. The beveled, chamfered ends allow for easy, smooth, and accurate insertion that protects the bits and fasteners from damaged edges and stripping.
- Black chrome finish for anti-corrosion protection and attractive appearance
- Laser-etched markings for size visibility.
- Chrome vanadium forged body for torque, strength and durability.
This is the black Chrome and Laser Etched Socket Set. It’s one of my favorites because of the ton of value for the price. It also has everything you need to build a variety of trapezes for electrical equipment. It also comes with a lifetime warranty. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best socket sets on the market.
- 1/2 inch cordless impact wrench has 345 ft-lbs of max fastening torque
- DEWALT 1/2 inch impact wrench comes with 1/2-inch detent pin anvil
- Battery-powered impact wrench comes with a forward/reverse rocker switch
Overall if you’re looking for an affordable high-quality electric impact drill – then the Dewalt DW292 Cordless Impact Wrench is the right product for you. It is highly durable, has great performance, and comfortable operating features. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best electric impact wrench on the market.
- Higher cutting capacity and reduced hand force for easier cutting of large diameter cables
- Patented two-step ratchet mechanism requires fewer strokes per cut
- Cuts up to 600 MCM Copper and 750 MCM Aluminum
There are a couple of ways to cut through large copper cables, but nothing is more fast and effective as using a pair of ratcheting cable cutters. I have found Klein Tools offer the best premium set of ratchet cable cutters, but Greenlee is also a viable option. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best ratcheting cable cutters.
- Multiple grooves molded into the fish tape provides less friction in conduit with or without wires for smoother tape feeding
- Non-conductive fish tape and eyelet tip offer added protection against shock from energized sources
- The 17-Inch case diameter means you can reel in 10-percent more tape in a single revolution vs. a 16-Inch case
This type of fish tape is nonconductive and is used when additional wiring needs to be installed in a conduit that has live conductors. Steel style fish tape is not recommended when fishing new wires with live wires because of the possibility of the fish tape to nick the live conductors resulting in a fault on the fish tape.
Another safety feature of the fiberglass fish tape is that if it enters into a live cabinet there is no risk of coming in contact with live equipment. That said if you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best electrical fish tape.
- 3/16" x 33 ft. Fiberglass wire running kit
- Comes in plastic storage case
- Can be combined with second kit
These guys are great for pulling cable and MC along the top of ceiling grids. They are also great for fishing down walls stuffed full of insulation. They are sturdy enough to pierce through insulation.
- Klein-designed, patented scoring wheel scores snaps conduit without leaving burrs inside
- Used for scoring 1/2-Inch, 3/4-Inch and 1-Inch EMT conduit
- Durable zinc cast scoring tool eliminates spiraling
When you become a service electrician, you will thank me for this one! Use this tool to remove a conduit that still has conductors inside. This allows you to cut and remove a conduit without damaging the wires on the inside.
- ACCURACY: Features long-range measuring with extreme accuracy and measures distances up to 120-feet to within 1/16-inch. as well as area, length, volume, continuous measurement and addition/subtraction
- EASY TO USE: Simple, one-button operation – press button once to begin measuring. The GLM 35 is compact and small enough to fit in any pocket
- LIVE MEASURING: Provides default real-time measurement that adjusts as you move closer and farther from target, just like a tape measure
The Bosch Laser Distance Measure is the best laser distance measure on the market. The product is economical and fully loaded with features. That said if you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best laser distance measure available.
- DEWALT-built high power, high efficiency brushless motor of DEWALT 20V hammer drill delivers up to 75% more runtime vs. 18V NiCad brushed motors
- The cordless hammer drill features heavy-duty 1/2-inch ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck with carbide inserts for superior bit gripping strength
- 3-Mode LED provides lighting in dark or confined spaces up to 20X brighter than previous model
These are great for installing concrete anchors. The hammer function is a must for an electrician. You will use small anchors to mount light fixtures, gear, supports, and other miscellaneous equipment. If you’re looking for more variety, you can check out our review of the best drills for electricians on the market.
- With the compact and lightweight design, 14-inch in total length of DEWALT 20V reciprocating saw fits between studs and allows user to make cuts in confined spaces
- 4-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting and increased positional versatility with tool-free blade changes
- 1-1/8-inch stroke length delivers fast cutting speed
Pretty much exclusively used to cut conduit and strut.