A tool vest is super helpful on any job that requires more than a couple of tools.
The best tool vest for electricians has a lightweight yet durable design, and a bunch of pockets to hold your tools in.
On the other hand, a poor-quality electrician tool vest is an uncomfortable burden – being way too heavy and lacking sufficient pockets for tool storage.
To help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Tool Vests for Electricians of 2020.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best electrician tool vests on the market. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Top 6 Best Tool Vest for Electricians
- Buying Guide
Top 6 Best Tool Vest for Electricians
|Bucket Boss Duckwear SuperBib Work Apron in Brown, 80200||CHECK PRICE|
|Occidental Leather 2575 Oxy Pro Work Vest||CHECK PRICE|
|Readywares Waxed Canvas Tool Apron||CHECK PRICE|
|STANLEY FATMAX Tool Vest For Construction (FMST530201)||CHECK PRICE|
|Holmes 10-3530-MHBLK Workwear Tool Vest||CHECK PRICE|
|Blaklader Workwear Roughneck Kangaroo Vest, Large - 11-Ounce Cotton - Black||CHECK PRICE|
1. Bucket Boss Electricians Work Vest
- Heavy-duty canvas construction
- 16 pockets
- Padded adjustable shoulder straps
Make your electrical related tasks even easier by this high-quality electrician tool vest by Bucketboss. It is made of a super quality material which is durable. With an easy to use the feature, you need just to buckle it up and you are ready to work. Manufactured in China, this product will not tear any sooner.
This vest has 16 pockets in total with 13 pockets on waist and 3 pockets on the bib. So, this lets you keep all of your tools with you conveniently anywhere you go.
The product is made of 18 oz. duck wear canvas material. For fitting up to the waist of 52’’, it has a quick-release belt. It is a full coverage apron for your home or shop’s tasks.
- The shoulder straps of the electrician tool vest are padded.
- A quick-release belt that fits up to 52″ waists
- 16 pockets: 13 on the waist, 3 on the bib
- This product comes with dual hammer loops.
- Extremely lightweight and durable design
- This apron is excellent for keeping all tools handy.
- It has single stitched pockets that don’t keep heavy objects for a long time.
This is a great electrician tool vest for a great price. It has 16 pockets and all of them are sensibly sized for keeping all of your tools in one place. Highly recommended for storing electricians tools.
2. Occidental Leather Electricians Work Vest
- Carry Tools and equipment with equal weight distribution
- The wide shoulder, open-back design promotes air flow and has 28 pockets and tool holders
- Intuitive pockets for speed square, gloves, tape measure, pencils, small notebooks, and a torpedo level
A good looking and much stronger electrician tool vest for you y Occidental. This is a great tool vest that has an equal weight distribution capability so it does not go anywhere. With much wider shoulders without any straps, it makes you wear it comfortably like a normal jacket. Not only this, but the open back also promotes the airflow and keeps you cool even working in the hot weather.
Coming with 28 pockets and tool holders, this tool vest can carry all of your necessary tools conveniently in one place. The pockets are made of a sturdy leather material that will not tear any sooner and are capable of holding the weights of the tools. Keep your torch, phone, gloves, tapes, notebooks, and other items in its specially designed pockets for them.
With a number of pockets and much less weight, this is a great purchase for your doing your next task smartly.
- Made in the USA
- Intuitive pockets for a speed square, gloves, tape measure, pencils, small notebooks, and a torpedo level
- Excellent weight distribution
- Available for both left and right-handed users
- Extremely lightweight yet durable design
- Premium electricians tool vest – the top work vest on the market for those who don’t mind to spend a bit extra
- Slightly pricier than other options
A very well-built and sturdily made tool vest. Occidental Leather are known for their high-quality (they also make an outstanding electricians tool belt). Although it comes at a slightly higher price, this is without a doubt the highest quality electricians tool vest on the market. If you’re okay with spending a bit extra, this is the electricians tool vest for you.
3. Readywares Electricians Work Vest
- QUALITY MATERIALS : Very sturdy 20oz waxed cotton canvas, cotton/poly straps.
- 12 POCKETS + 2 HAMMER LOOPS: Plenty of durable pockets to hold your tools, nails, pencils, and phone. Double layer hammer loops, with secondary loop for tools with smaller diameter.
- FITS SMALL-XXL: The straps are adjustable to fit many body types.
Another from some of the amazing electrician tool vests in the market, ready wares tool vets are here to keep all of your tools in one place. It is made of top quality cotton canvas material of 20 oz. With cotton/poly straps, this is a very sturdy vest for making all electrical tasks convenient.
It has plenty of space available for keeping all things because of 12 pockets and 2 hammer loops which are double layer hammer loops.
Not only this, but it is also capable of adjusting many body types and shapes. This vet is really easy to put on and off as it has an easy snap system because of the buckle at the back. With a very lightweight material, this is one of the best electrician tool vests you can have.
- This apron is made of very sturdy material with good pockets.
- Each pocket is perfectly stitched to avoid tearing.
- Excellent price – great value for the money
- Comfortable shoulders straps (padded)
- 12 pockets + 2 hammer loops – plenty of durable pockets to hold your tools, nails, pencils, and phone.
- Double layer hammer loops, with a secondary loop for tools with a smaller diameter.
- The straps are adjustable to fit many body types.
- Very easy to get on and off – just unsnap the back buckle and lift over your head.
- The strap material is made of nylon – not as durable as Bucket Boss or Occidental Leather
Above all, this apron by ready wares is a great product for keeping all your tools conveniently in one place. With good quality, plenty of pockets, and a great price – this is the ideal tool vest for electricians on a budget.
4. Stanley Electricians Work Vest
- Multiple use compartments for all storage needs
- Air mesh material enables vest to breathe
- Adjustable shoulder straps for customized fit
A much safer and multi-purpose electrician tool vest by Stanley. This vest is made of air mesh material. This material enables you to wear this vest comfortably because of its breathability. Providing a much secure fit, this one size is adjustable for all. Also, it has adjustable shoulders for providing maximum comfort during your work.
It has a number of tool compartments for easy storage of all your necessary tools. It has two options for pockets that allow greater versatility and ease. These are attached to the vest and semi-attached fit.
Also, for your safety at night work, it has reflective strips for better visibility. This vest has special reinforcement for holding sharper objects like nails etc. comes with a limited lifetime warranty, this is a perfect purchase for your convenience and safety at the same time.
- The vest has a really lightweight which does not make it bulky to wear.
- The price is great for the quality of the vest.
- Tons of pockets available, especially on the upper chest.
- The reflective strips are great to make it visible at night time.
- The pockets are durable and do not tear.
- It pulls up the back portion of the vest when there is a weight on the front side of the vest.
An ideal choice for all your electrical tools placement and safety side by side. This is a great vest for doing all your electrical related tasks with keeping tools with you easily.
5. Holmes Electricians Work Vest
- Multiple tool pockets and pouches for easy organization and access
- Nickel tape measure clip
- Mesh back allows air flow for excellent comfort
For your ease of access, Holmes presents its electrician tool vest. This vest consists of multiple pockets with enough storage space for keeping all essential tools with you at your job site. With a comfortable mesh back, this is easy to wear a vest in summers as well. Not only this, but the vest also features a nickel tape measure clip.
For making it visible at night, this vest has reflective strips on shoulders. It is a really lightweight tool vest made of high-quality fabric. Also, you can remove its removable pouch to make it weight free.
- This is an awesome vest when it comes to weight and it is very lightweight.
- The vest is sturdily made.
- It is a balanced vest and does not move.
- There is a pocket with a flap.
- The pockets get ripped sooner.
This vest by Holmes is a great choice for electricians, carpenters and other workers who work at night or need to keep tools with them all the time. This is a great purchase for keeping tools at an affordable price.
6. Blaklader Workwear Electricians Work Vest
- Made from 11-Ounce polyester cotton blend. Lightweight and Durable.
- Two Chest Pockets with Safety Straps. Keeps objects in pockets from falling out when bending over.
- Four Nail Pockets on front and back. Lots of room for nails or what ever else is carried.
Made of imported quality material, this vest is made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton material. This makes it very light in weight and comfortable to wear even in hot summers. It has 11 ounce of the polyester-cotton blend which makes it more durable than others. Keep your objects in place without falling off as it has two chest pockets with safety straps.
Not only this, is has four nail pockets on the front and back to let you keep nails and other sharper objects. Providing an even weight distribution capability, it has wider shoulders to make you wear it comfortably as your work. This comfortable wearing is further increased by its extended back.
- The fabric quality is great and is very light in weight.
- Designed in European fit and provides snug fitting.
- There are a number of sizes available for this product.
- This vest has plenty of room for all tools.
- Its cotton does not last very long.
A great choice for any electrician or worker in need to keep all of his tools conveniently in one place. This is a nice electrician tool vest for a great price.
Having the most suitable electrician tool vest can bring you ease and benefits of accessing all the tools quickly and thus doing your job efficiently. So, for that purpose, we have gathered some buying guides for you.
Q1. What can we expect from a tool vest?
A good quality tool vest enables you to wear it comfortably. Also, all of the tools are available quickly. It makes you use the specific tool without searching it for somewhere else and thus wasting your time. Also, a good vest with pockets and a high-quality fabric enhances your outlook as you work and give a more professional look.
Q2. What are the tools we need during work and which can be placed in the vest?
Apart from your phone, torch or a notebook, there are many tools that you can keep in your tool vets. These may include:
- Screwdrivers of various sizes.
- Pliers of various sizes like needle nose or groove pliers.
- Circuit testers.
- Drill bits
- Measuring Tapes
- Wire cutters
- And many others
Also, in some vests, there are designated pockets for keeping tools and other necessary items in them. Like sharper objects for example needles or drill bits are kept in some certain pocket which is much stronger than others so it may not get ripped off.
Q3. Do the tool vests come in many sizes?
It depends on the company selling them. There are certain tool vests which come only in one size but they are adjustable. So, they can be fitted on any size and waist. But, there are some tool vests which come in different sizes ranging from small to XXL.
Q4. Which is better? Toolbelt or tool vest?
Each of these two products has its own advantage and uses. It depends on your needs for which one is suitable for you. The belts have pouches in them and allow you to keep only that what is needed. But, they are the best recommended for doing carpentry only.
But, tool vets can be worn easily and allow you to easily do your standing job too. Also, tool vests work great for the people with a slender body type. They won’t be able to carry the weight of the belt so tool vests are better for them. Also, they are better for those who will be needing a lot of tools for their work as the vest’s pockets can keep a number of tools required.
Q5. What are the qualities of a good tool vest?
A good vest has these features:
- It is a lightweight vest that does not feel bulky when you wear it. Already, the tools are going to make it heavier so, it should not be a burdensome itself.
- A good tool vest is made of good quality yet breathable fabric which is perfect to wear in summers too. When you do work, you sweat and an unbreathable fabric is not a good choice in any way.
- Any vest you buy should be adjustable. They don’t always come in different sizes. However, they have straps that can be adjusted according to one’s body type.
- It should be comfortable for you to wear it and should be a well-balanced one.
Ease of usage and convenience is what everyone needs at his/her job place. That is the reason why tool vests have been manufactured. Above are some of the best electrician tool vests available and from them, we consider Bucketboss tool vest to be the number one. The reason for this is its balance, good price, a good number of pockets and durability which makes it stand at the top.