Your eyes are worth protecting – and wearing the right pair of safety glasses significantly reduces the risk of your eyes getting injured.
The best electrical safety glasses are scratch-resistant, provide broad-spectrum UV protection, and fit comfortably on your head.
On the other hand, a lousy pair of electrical safety glasses is a complete waste of money. They’re uncomfortable and break after a single drop onto the ground.
To help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Electrical Safety Glasses of 2020.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best electrical safety glasses for electricians on the market. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Top 6 Best Electrical Safety Glasses For Electricians
- Buyer’s Guide
Top 6 Best Electrical Safety Glasses For Electricians
|Dewalt DPG59-120C Reinforcer Rx-Bifocal 2.0 Clear Lens High Performance...||CHECK PRICE|
|DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety...||CHECK PRICE|
|3M Safety Glasses, Virtua CCS Protective Eyewear 11872, Removable Foam...||CHECK PRICE|
|Carhartt Carbondale Safety Glasses with Clear Lens||CHECK PRICE|
|Radians XT1-11 Extremis Full Black Frame Safety Glasses with Clear Anti-Fog...||CHECK PRICE|
|Protective Frameless Eyewear Brown Tinted Lens Klein Tools 60057||CHECK PRICE|
- Magnification diopter is molded into the polycarbonate lens.
- Safety glass and reading glass all-in-one
- Impact resistant and 99. 9% UV protection
These DeWalt safety glasses take our top spot for the best pair of electricians safety glasses.
These DeWalt safety glasses are outstanding – the lenses are bifocal which means that users will not have to wear them over spectacles, you can just pick out the right bifocal eye number for your needs.
They have cushioned, rubber temple pads for maximum comfort and a hard-coated impact-resistant lens. The handgrip pattern on the temple is ergonomically positioned for a secure grip around your head.
They have scratch-resistant lenses, and they also come with a protective sleeve to make sure it remains safe. These glasses are also protective against UV rays (they offer 99.9% UV protection), and provide clear vision without distortions. Overall these are a fantastic pair of electricians safety glasses that come at an extremely low price. Highly recommended for electricians.
- Safety and reading glass all-in-one
- Impact-resistant and 99.9% UV protection
- Resistant to scratches
- Cushioned, rubber temple Pads for maximum comfort
- Handgrip pattern on temple is ergonomically positioned for secure grip
- Magnification diopter molded directly into the safety lens.
- Distortion free lens provides fatigue-free use
- These are safety glasses, not goggles. So please note they will not completely protect the eye from dust
Overall the DeWalt safety glasses are an outstanding pair of electricians safety glasses. If you’re looking for a well-priced pair of safety glasses while performing your electrical work, these are the pair for you (for safety goggles, take a look at the DeWalt safety goggles).
- DEWALT tough Coat hard coated lens provides tough protection against scratches
- DEWALT Xtra clear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging
- Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high level protection from dust and debris
The Dewalt Safety goggles are the perfect safety goggles for electricians. The cloth head strap provides a comfortable fit – and combined with the dual-injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high-level protection from dust and debris.
The DeWalt tough coat hard coated lens provides excellent protection against scratches, and their Xtra clear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging. They also have built-in ventilation channel to provide extra fog control and ventilation
The clip attachment allows for easy lens replacement should they wear out after months of electrical work.
These may be bigger than regular safety glasses, but if you need the extra dust and debris protection, then this is the pair of safety goggles for you. Highly recommended pair of electricians goggles.
- Extra fog control glasses with ventilation holes
- DeWalt Xtra clear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging
- Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high-level of protection from dust and debris
- Ventilation channels allow breathability and added protection against fogging
- Elastic strap makes a comfortable fit around the head
- High-quality rubber acts as a barrier
- Clip attachment allows for easy lens replacement
- Slightly pricier than alternates
Aside from the slightly higher price, these safety goggles are outstanding. If you’re looking for a pair of electricians safety glasses that provide a little extra protection against dust and debris – the DeWalt electricians safety goggles are the right pair for you.
- DUST DEFENSE: Foam gasket helps limit eye exposure to nuisance dust and other particles while providing additional cushioning
- WRAP AROUND DESIGN provides extended eye protection and unobstructed viewing
- ANTI FOG: The anti fog lens coating and removable foam lined gasket with airflow vents make this protective eyewear ideal for humid environments
The 3M work safety glasses are listed as one of the best safety glasses for construction because of their very reasonable price and amazing qualities. The outstanding thing about these glasses is the temple of them which are uniquely designed to maintain a grip.
The lens is made of transparent polycarbonate material which is anti-fog too and allows users to enjoy a bright vision all the time. This eyewear is a wrap-around style with cushioning of foam which ensures that no foreign particles touch your eyes while ensuring that you are not in an uncomfortable state while working.
The quality of this product is impeccable, and the price is unbelievably low.
- Excellent value for the money
- Foam gasket helps limit eye exposure to nuisance dust and other particles while providing additional cushioning
- Meets the requirements of CSA Z94.3 07 and is Impact Rated to ANSI Z87.1 2010
- Absorb 99.9 percent UVA and UVB
- Anti-fog lens gives a clear view at all times
- Contoured templates fit comfortably and snugly around your head
- Wrap around shape for the perfect fit
- Foam ensures protection and comfort at the same time
- Not as durable as DeWalt’s electrical safety glasses
- The lenses cannot be changed in case of wear out
Overall the 3M electrical safety glasses are a very well priced pair of glasses. Although they’re slightly less durable than DeWalt’s electrical safety glasses, these come at a lower price. These are the best pair of electrical safety glasses if you’re looking for a bargain.
- Foam lined frame provides extra protection against dust and debris.
- Soft rubber nose pads provide a comfortable fit.
- Full frame with polycarbonate lens offers a stylish look with impact protection.
The Radians Extremis construction glasses are entirely black and thick-rimmed for additional style along with serving the purpose of its use. The rims of these lenses are surrounded with foam so that no outside particles can hit your eye and you get full comfort along with complete protection against hazards.
These glasses also feature a nose cushion which allows support to your nose as well. The Polycarbonate lens is anti-fog which makes it very useful.
The versatility of these glasses allows most of the people find this as the perfect fit. Furthermore, the reason why these glasses are the best safety glasses for construction is that they are at a very reasonable price that everyone can afford.
- Polycarbonate lens is anti-fog
- Additional nose pads provide more comfort than ever
- They can fit most people very easily
- Foam cushioning ensures protection with satisfaction
- The glass is not scratch resistant
- The foam is made of soft quality which falls off fast
These glasses have some pretty good features and use which is why they make a good option for constructions. However, improving the cons will make the perfect.
- Dual-injected straight-back temples
- Flexible rubber nosepiece
- Scratch resistant polycarbonate lens provides 99% UVA/B/C protection
Carhartt Carbondale safety glasses will help protect the user’s eyes while working in development. They are quickly wrapped around the eyes to avoid any entry of foreign particles.
The straight temples are black and brown to increase style and have a firm grip. The lenses are made of polycarbonate which is scratch-resistant and protects UVA, UVB, and UVC lights to enter the eyes and cause reflections while working.
These glasses are also made lightweight so that users can enjoy no hindrance feels while working in construction. The price for these stylish construction safety glasses is very reasonable.
- Polycarbonate glass does not scratch easily
- Protects eyes from UVA, UVB, and UVC lights and reflections
- Temple provides a firm grip to stay on the face without slipping
- Wrap around feature covers eyes adequately while working
- These electrical glasses fog up easily
- They do not have any padding for comfort
At a very reasonable price, you actually might be able to find this product very useful. They are the classic design that can fit anywhere and can be very handy to use for several purposes.
- Dual 9-base wrap-around lens with integrated side shields provides a clear, unobstructed field of vision and superior coverage
- Sleek, frameless design is featherlight (22 grams) for all-day comfort
- Lens inclination adjustment system for a customized fit
The Klein Protective Eyewear is made of polycarbonate and covers the whole eye part of the face with its wrapping feature.
It is designed to be a universal fit including the nose pad which is versatile for any face size. This pair makes it the best safety glasses because it is tinted and perfect for outdoor use. For increased customer satisfaction, Klein offers a warranty of a lifetime on the product.
With the style and fulfilling purpose of this product, the price is the highest too. However, with the quality, it is entirely okay to pay for them.
- These are rimless and wrap around for additional style, comfort, and protection
- They are designed to be a universal size
- They have a nose pad which provides comfort
- This pair is tinted for outdoor use
- The support of the temple is a little compromised
- This pair cannot be used inside under any circumstances
If you are looking for a pair of safety glasses that you use outside, then this pair is worth the purchase for you. It is durable, and even though it may seem high in price for lenses, it is still affordable.
To help you in understanding the factors that need to be considered to buy the best safety glasses for construction, we have come up with a helpful buying guide.
Determine The Use Of The Glasses
The first and foremost step is to understand that safety glasses come in many different types. To buy the perfect one, you will need to define the field of using the glasses. Carpenters, constructors, plumbers, machinists, and many other areas use these glasses for safety purposes, but the lens differs.
Some occupations require full facial coverage while others demand complete eye coverage or radiation-proof apparatus. For construction, you will need glasses that ensure to wrap the sides of your eyes to protect damaging it.
What Lens Material Do You Want?
There are many different lenses and its material that you choose from. Each one has a diverse price range and has its drawbacks and advantages. The best safety glasses for electricians are the ones that are tinted with your purpose. The following will help you understand the lens types better.
Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate is light in weight and protects the eyes from ultraviolet rays. They are most prone to scratches; however, they are not perfect in vision. They are still the best option for construction work safety glasses.
Polyurethane: This material provides maximum clarity and is very lightweight on the eyes. Unfortunately, they are expensive.
Acrylic: Acrylic has low vision, and they are inexpensive. They are resistant to solvents and are used in chemical procedures.
What Lens Should Color You Go For?
The lens color affects the environment that you use this safety gear on. Picking the right one for maximum clarity is crucial. The following are a few tints and their uses.
Clear: For indoor purposes
Gray: For excessive glare outdoors
Amber: For indoor low light use
Orange: For high contrast in low light
Infinity Blue: Used for outdoors where there is the most yellow light
Indoor and outdoor: These are either color changing, or they are neutral to use everywhere
Do I Need An Anti-Reflective Coating?
An anti-reflective coating will reduce the light reflection in your safety glasses; hence, making the sight clearer. It is not necessarily used for outdoor lights only; indoor ones can also be a great nuisance while working. If you go for the AR coating, make sure to get it from someone reliable and get it checked professionally since it can malfunction sometimes and cause adverse reactions.
How Do I Make Them Work With My Prescription Glasses?
There many ways to combine prescription glasses with your safety glasses. A slightly expensive but the strong idea is to make them custom made and fit your eye number into it. Some safety goggles are designed to be work over your regular glasses allowing users to enjoy perfect vision.
This option is the cheapest, yet it is a little uncomfortable to go for. Anyhow, it does the job perfectly. A new form of these glasses is also adjustable focus which is even a little bit over the budget. They have knobs of focusing the number according to the eyesight.
This feature makes them pretty standard. Finally, if you have a usual number, then some companies offer readymade bifocal lenses that you can get and use. You will this type to also be easily affordable.
After reading the reviews and the guide, you may have had a winner in your head for the best safety glasses for construction. For us, the winner is the DeWalt Safety Glasses.
This pair can be worn above spectacles, it is comfortable, it covers the necessary area, and it does an excellent job of protecting you while keeping the price under the budget.