Whether purchasing a screwdriver set for hobby purposes or for work necessities, it is very important to get to know the qualifications or what to look for in a screwdriver.
A quality set of insulated screwdrivers is a key part of any electricians tools list.
The best insulated screwdriver set has been safety rated to 1000 volts, has comfortable hand grips, and is impact resistant.
On the other hand, a low-quality electricians insulated screwdriver set lacks the appropriate voltage safety ratings and can barely withstand a 2 feet fall.
So to help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 5 Insulated Screwdriver Sets of 2020.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best electrical insulated screwdriver sets on the market. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Top 5 Best Electrician Screwdriver Set Reviews
- How I Made My List
Top 5 Best Electrician Screwdriver Set Reviews
|Milwuakee 1000-Volt Insulated Screwdriver Set and Case (10-Piece)||CHECK PRICE|
|Klein Tools 33528 Insulated Screwdriver Kit with Carrying Case, 1000 V,...||CHECK PRICE|
|Insulated Slotted/Phillips Screwdrivers 10 Piece Set||CHECK PRICE|
|Greenlee - Screwdriver,Insulated 9Pc, Professional Hand Tools (0153-01-INS)||CHECK PRICE|
|DEWALT Screwdriver Set, 10 Piece (DWHT62513)||CHECK PRICE|
1. Milwaukee Electricians Insulated Screwdriver Set
- 10 Pc Insulated Screwdriver
- The product is easy to use and easy to handle
- The product is highly durable
The Milwaukee insulated screwdriver set is outstanding. It combines the quality of the Klein insulated screwdriver set with a more affordable price.
Since these screwdrivers feature dual-layer insulation, you’ll be able to see when the screwdriver has been rendered unsafe by wear and tear.
The screwdrivers even have visible ID markings, so you can see if a coworker has taken a bit too much of a liking to your tools.
Even the carry case that comes included with these screwdrivers is impressive, with a fitted EVA foam design that will protect your tools when they’re not in use.
Safety rated up to 1000 volts; these screwdrivers are also impact-resistant and resistant against flames. Not only that, but the grips are super comfortable, which makes a huge difference after a long day on the job.
Milwaukee insulated screwdriver set is also proudly made in the USA – so you know you’re getting a quality product. Highly recommended set of insulated screwdrivers for electricians who are looking high-quality without costing an arm and a leg.
- Made in the USA.
- Safety rated up to 1000 volts
- Durable carry case
- Each of the nut drivers in the set is marked on top for fast identification.
- Dual-layer insulation provides a visual wear indicator
- It features hardened tips and forged shanks.
- Fairly inexpensive – a great value buy
- Excellent addition to any electricians tools list
- The tool has a limited lifetime warranty.
- Tips are not magnetic (if you’re into that)
2. Klein Tools Electricians Insulated Screwdriver Set
- Featuring three sizes of cabinet, keystone and Phillips tips. (See individual tool listings for more details)
- Two layers of insulation provide protection against electric shock
- Meets or exceeds IEC 60900: 2012, ASTM F1505-10 standards for insulated tools
Featuring dual-layered insulation, these screwdrivers offer unrivaled protection from electric shocks, and they’re rated to withstand up to 1000 volts. These babies meet or exceed IEC 60900: 2012, ASTM F1505-10 standards for insulated tools.
It comes packed with a highly durable, black nylon case with a zipper closure, custom-fitted pockets, and even an additional extra pocket for added storage.
These insulated screwdrivers are also made in the USA, which means Klein are helping to support local jobs. But you don’t have to buy these tools out of the kindness of your heart – they scream quality with their premium chrome-finish and comfortable and stylish hand grips.
Klein Tools has been well-known for its production of some of the world’s top quality tools, and this set of insulated screwdrivers is no exception.
Overall, if you’re looking for the highest quality set of insulated screwdrivers on the market, look no further than this Klein insulated screwdriver set. Highly recommended for those who are happy to pay a bit extra for a premium electricians screwdriver set.
- Made in the USA
- Comes included with nine different tips
- Double layered insulation provides protection against electric shock (Safety rated up to 1000 volts)
- Comfortable hand grips
- Meets or exceeds IEC 60900: 2012, ASTM F1505-10 standards for insulated tools
- Highly durable, black nylon case features a zipper closure, custom-fitted pockets and an extra pocket for additional storage
- Premium chrome-finish
- Slightly pricier than alternatives (although well worth the added cost)
3. Wiha Electricians Insulated Screwdriver Set
- Price For: 1 Kit Kit Contents: 10-Pcs of 5/64" to 1/4" Slotted, #0 to #3 Philips Screwdrivers RoHS Compliant: NA
- All tools individually tested for insulation integrity, OSHA compliant
- Insulated 1000 volt rated, 10,000 volt tested
Tired of twisting and turning with your screwdriver for so long to do or undo the screws? Well, Wiha has thought of this – this insulated screwdriver set has a solid molded core with a soft outer cushion grip that improves the screwdriver’s torque 40% more than conventional handles.
Each Wiha tool is individually tested, and rated to 1000 volts AC or 1500 volts DC – perfect for electricians. The insulation is molded directly on the blade for permanent bonding.
Each of the set’s screwdrivers is made of CVM (Chrome Vanadium Molybdenum) tool steel and hardened to average 58/60 RC for wear resistance, so you can be confident in its durability.
Don’t be fooled by the cheap price – the Wiha insulated screwdriver set is made in Germany, and the shafts are metal all the way up into the handle.
The main downside to this set is that it doesn’t come with the fancy carry case that Klein Tools and Milwaukee offers. But carry case aside – these are an outstanding & inexpensive set of insulated screwdrivers. Highly recommended for electricians on a tight budget.
- Made in Germany
- Excellent price – best inexpensive insulated screwdriver set on the market
- Safety rated to 1000 volts AC or 1500 volts DC
- Extremely comfortable hand grips
- Hardened steel blade – CVM tool steel, hardened to average 58/60 HRC.
- Meet ASTM, IEC, VDE, EN, ISO, NFPA
- Doesn’t include a carry case
- Grips are comfortable, but show a buildup of dirt over time
4. Greenlee Electricians Insulated Screwdriver Set
- Leading manufacturer of high-quality tools
- Trusted and used by experts, professionals and those who know quality
- Proven and Tested for durabilty and function in real world job site conditions
Greenlee Textron is an industrial and tool company based in Illinois, US. Founded in 1862, the Greenlee Brothers (Robert and Ralph) manufactured their invention which is a drill surrounded by four chisel blades to be used in the furniture industry.
From there, the company expanded and handled more tools to be distributed in the tool industries. The company makes sure that they manufacture the best tools in the market, one of which is screwdrivers.
The Greenlee 0153-02C Screwdriver Set consists of seven pieces of screwdrivers – three cabinet tip, two keystone tip and two Phillips tip screwdrivers, all in varying dimensions. All in good condition for different types of work required.
Durability and longer customer satisfaction are sure to be proven with the screwdriver set’s heavy-duty construction for long life and usage. Each of the screwdrivers has strong, durable and black phosphate tips that prevent plate chipping and reduce slipping. It is also chrome-plated, making it rust-resistant.
Convenience is quite evident with its precision-machined tip that surely helps users to make their job easier as it is accurate based on fastener contact.
Turning screwdrivers made easy with its soft and cushioned grip designed for more comfort and improved torque. It also guarantees easy screwdriver identification of size, type, and length with its handle mark.
- It has a cushioned grip for more comfort and increased torque.
- Dual-layer insulation for protection against electric shock
- Safety rated up to 1000 volts
- Meet the requirements of OSHA 1910.331-335, NFPA 70E & CSA-Z462
- Greenlee offers a limited lifetime warranty
- Handle marked for easy identification.
- Not as cheap as alternatives – Milwaukee and Klein are just better insulated screwdriver sets overall
- Made in Taiwan
5. DeWalt Electricians Insulated Screwdriver Set
- This product adds a great value
- Product is highly durable and easy to use
- This product is manufactured in China
DeWalt is an American manufacturing brand based in Maryland, USA and founded in 1924. The brand is known to produce power tools and hand tools for construction, manufacturing and woodworking industries.
The DeWalt DWHT62513 10-Piece Screwdriver Set includes four slotted tip, one cabinet tip, and five Phillips tip screwdrivers with color-coded handles for easier selection. More comfort and greater torque are brought to serve the workmen with its bi-material quad-lobe handle.
The set contains tools that have been ergonomically designed for maximum efficiency, user comfort and convenience.
Each screwdriver in the set has precision machined and sand-blasted tips and is equipped with magnetic tips to hold the screws in place when in use and that it fits well in the fasteners. Its lacquer coated bar also resists rust so it can provide long-lasting use.
- Each driver has a magnetic tip to hold the screws in place for easier fastening.
- Its lacquer coated bar protects the tool against corrosion.
- The handles are color-coded for easy selection from the toolbox.
- The set has an ergonomically designed quad-lobular handle design for improved comfort and increased torque.
- Each of the screwdrivers’ tips is precision machined and sandblasted to resist slip out.
- The magnetic tips are not strong enough.
- The tip easily breaks off
- Made in China
How I Made My List
Before completing my list and picks of screwdriver sets, I considered some important things to keep in mind. This should also serve as a guide to every electrician or tradesman who’s planning to buy their next screwdriver sets.
Firstly, it’s a waste of time and money to have to make an unnecessary trip to Home Depot or the supply house to buy yet another set of screwdrivers.
Every workman’s dream is to have tools made out of quality materials.
Quality should be the 1st trait any tradesmen should look for in a great screwdriver. They can be a little bit pricey, especially those under big brands, but you should always remember that just because something is expensive that doesn’t necessarily mean that the product will guarantee to have everything it endorses.
Screwdrivers must be chrome-plated to resist corrosion. The tip of the screwdrivers should also be precision-machined for exact fitting. It should be durable and guarantees a long-lasting performance to make a workmen’s job easier.
Moreover, electricians who purchase such tools should be aware of the branding and its place of creation.
- Have you ever wondered about the review of the tool brand of your choice?
- How about where your tool was made?
It is highly recommended to read about the brand and the reliability of the products it manufactures. It’s better to have knowledge around tools, especially about the brand and where it was made, for it will help you decide better.
Brand names and product origins are known to be one of the good bases when picking the right tools.
Tools made from Japan, Germany, and the USA are the most trusted due to their high-quality manufacturing and confidence bearing warranties.
Lastly, decide whether the specifications of the screwdriver suit your work or not.
A couple of things to consider when you are making your selection:
- Where was the tool made?
- What type of material is it made from?
- Does the brand come with a warranty?
- Is the brand well know in the industry?
This is the end of the screwdriver sets review. Hopefully, this article helped and guided you to learn new things about screwdriver sets and have an idea of what the market offers. In general, invest in high-quality tools, even if they are a bit more expensive because they last for several years and eventually make up for their high price.