Working as an electrician, you’re often on your feet all day. There can also be a lot of climbing and maintaining awkward positions while fixing faults or implementing new installations.
Under this type of working conditions, it’s essential to have a comfortable and durable pair of work boots.
With so many options in the market to pick from, getting the right pair of electricians boots can be a difficult task. But making the wrong choice can be a very uncomfortable and inconvenient mistake.
So to help you in your buying decision – we’ve put together the Top 4 Electricians Boots of 2021.
We ranked these electrician boots based on comfort, durability, safety, and of course – price.
Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Top 4 Best Electricians Boots
- Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Toe Boot
- KEEN Utility Men’s Braddock Mid Steel Toe Work Boot
- Caterpillar Men’s 2nd Shift 6″ Plain Soft-Toe Work Boot
- Wolverine Men’s Tarmac Work Boot
- My Experience With Electrician Shoes
- The Procedure For Evaluating And Finalizing The List
- Who Should Buy The Shoes
Top 4 Best Electricians Boots
|Carhartt Men's CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Toe Boot||CHECK PRICE|
|Keen Utility - Men's Braddock Mid Waterproof (Steel Toe) Work Boots||CHECK PRICE|
|Caterpillar Men's 2nd Shift 6" Steel Toe Boot||CHECK PRICE|
|Wolverine Men's Tarmac Work Boot||CHECK PRICE|
Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Toe Boot
- Rugged Flex - Carhartt's unique Rugged Flex technology moves and stretches with you throughout the day so that whatever you're doing, it's easier to do because you need gear that helps you move not gear that holds you back
- Rubber Sole - shock absorbing traction In any environment. Perfect for indoors or outdoors. Whether it's a casual stroll through the neighborhood or a cold muddy day on the job site, this versatile work boot keeps your feet supported and protected
- Durable & Versatile - Cement constructed Carhartt Rugged Flex outsole makes for a durable long lasting men's boot, great as work or casual wear. Go seamlessly from work to woods in this well constructed supportive boot. Comfortable - Generously padded tongue and collar plus a lightweight EVA midsole and OrthoLite insole give you multiple layers of cushioning for all day comfort
Carhartt is a veteran shoe maker that is known its rugged and durable workplace products. It has been a popular brand for over two centuries and is a brand of choice for many electricians.
The sturdiness of the pair is a deal breaker for most electricians who work in industrial capacities. These work boots exceed expectations regarding their durability. With their cement development and their top-quality elastic outsole, these boots offer all electric repairmen the required sturdiness and reliability to make them approach their work with confidence.
These Carhartt boots have a composite toe that is very effective when handling heavy objects or sharp tools. The rubber base sole of the shoe protects your feet against dangerous chemicals and slippage, which is always an important requirement for working in industrial plants. Another security highlight of these Carhartt work boots is the EH rating (ASTM 2413-11), which will keep you shielded from electric shocks.
Convenience and Comfort:
When acting as a electric repairman, the solace that your boots convey is fundamental as every one of these specialists are required to work in long stretches of time, while mostly remaining on their feet. To take comfort to maximum, each boot comes with an EVA padded sole (with certified PU strobe pad and PU OrthoLite) that convey five layers of padding for each step you take. Buyers have pointed out that they feel like their feet are on the bed, when they put this pair on.
- Leather construction
- Rubber outsole
- Water resistant
- EVA midsole and patented pad technology
- May be too wide for some feet
The customer reviews online have been awesome for this boot. Most of them love the value they are getting for the price of the boot. If you have the ideal fit, Carhartt CMF6366 6-inch Composite Toe Boot can become your optimal friend for work. It’s an extreme work boot, which can guard you regardless of what conditions you are working in.
KEEN Utility Men’s Braddock Mid Steel Toe Work Boot
- COMFORTABLE: Left and right asymmetrical steel safety toe designed for a roomier toe box and maximum comfort; meets ASTM F2412-17 and F2413-17 I/75 and C/75 standards
- SAFETY FIRST: Features KEEN Patented Toe Protection, where the boot outsoles wrap up and over the toes for ultimate protection
- WORK ALL DAY: With features like KEEN's waterproof membrane, metatomical arch support, heel cushion, and stability shank, you can easily push through the longest shift
Best known for making modern quality work boots to counter anything that nature and humans can consider, Keen offers this extraordinary pair of boots for electricians and assembly specialists who are most liable to get electrical shocks.
While the true life of these boots depend altogether on how one uses them, they are a high-quality pair and can easily last for more than a year when used in extreme conditions. However, utilization in normal conditions will drag out an additional year or so, making these shoes last a pretty long time.
Protected, waterproof yet breathable interior is what makes this pair a pretty good option to go with The rubber sole, with slip and oil resistance, gives a reassured grip while working. Better than average sewing and astounding cushioning with ASTM benchmarks took after guarantee a durable work boot for everyday electric work. The boot quality surpasses ASTM expectations meaning you are totally sheltered from shocks while working with electrical instruments, machines and contraptions, while the composite toe gives adequate insurance against drops.
Convenience And Comfort:
This Keen boot presents an agreeable, short break-in period. . It has a thick leather exterior, while the inside has nylon mesh for sweat and temperature control. Buyers feel this work boot is ideal for all-climate indoor working conditions and for winters, they offer respectable assurance for a hour tops. With the large toe enclose, I can guarantee you that your toes can spread out and breath, giving your feet enough space to flex and move.
- Asymmetrical Toe Protection
- Spacious Toe Box
- Molded Reinforcement
- Breathable Interior
- High Price
- Not For Freezing Winters
The customers are largely happy with buying this boot. It has all the features an electrician would want to excel in his or her job, however it is a bit more expensive than other boots in our list due to its premium manufacturing and features.
Caterpillar Men’s 2nd Shift 6″ Plain Soft-Toe Work Boot
- Ankle-cut work boot with steel toe with padded ankle and oil-resistant outsole
This Caterpillar soft-toe work boot is an excellent option to look at. We all know about the brilliant reputation of the Caterpillar brand and how its products are some of the best when it comes to using them for rough and tough work.
The CAT tag is synonymous with durability in the professional industry. This pair of boots is solid, to say the least. It comes with Goodyear welt construction, which is essential for working in harsh environment. If you are not aware of Goodyear welt, you can think of it as a construction method which allows the shoes to take the most extreme challenges without breaking down. The company confidently states that you are going to be able to work with this boot for many years to come and the sellers I have discussed with, are also backing this shoe to perform for a long time.
This pair checks all the marks when it comes to protection. It comes with reinsured steel toes, a slip-safe rubber-laid sole and an arch heel for stability while working on ladders. The traction and sturdiness of the shoes allow you to focus on the job at hand, without worrying about losing your balance. The shoes are also certified by ANSI (ASTM F2413-05 1/75 EH) for protection against electrical hazards for up to 600 volts.
Convenience and Comfort:
Despite being rough and tough on the outside, the pair is very comfortable to wear. It supports your feet with a nylon mesh lying and keeps away sweat from developing, while a unique climasphere technology keeps the internal temperature of the boots cool in summers and warm in winters. This allows you to stick with a single pair for the whole year. Lastly, the full grain leather body allows you to stick your boot in water without any worry.
- Waterproof, Insulated And Comfortable
- Moderately Priced
- All Rounded
- Can Tolerate Up To 600 Volts
- Doesn’t have high levels of tolerance (waterproof, insulation, etc)
- Shoe may take time to break for your feet
The buyers have rated this boot highly on all online platforms, which means that it performs to its expectations. Moreover, it is not the most expensive pair, which is an extraordinary incentive for such an astounding all-rounder electrician boot. All in all, this is a deal that will last.
Wolverine Men’s Tarmac Work Boot
- Removable full cushion insole
- Moisture managing mesh linings
- Wolverine cemented sole construction
Wolverine has run innovative with their new Legend work boots and these have been very successful in the market. The new technology used by Wolverine implies you’ll have the capacity to work longer and with less fatigue. Let’s check out the details below.
Constructed from leather material, the boot is built for execution, consolidating the comfort of durashocks with a rubber outsole to give predominant hold in differed conditions. Since the boot exterior is flexible, it can adjust to the climate and condition, which is an important factor in it having a long life. If you maintain this pair properly, you can easily use it for several years.
The new Wolverine Men’s Tarmac Work Boot offers an ideal mix of solace and security. They have a top-quality composite toe that is impervious to electric shocks, and also keep your feet ensured against any harm caused by a heavy drop. I can’t push enough how critical this component is for all electricians. Additionally, your feet will remain dry with the boot’s prevalent waterproof leather that has extraordinary films that keep water from getting in your feet. On top of that, these Wolverine Tarmac boots have a reflective wrap for visibility during night or in dark conditions.
Convenience And Comfort:
These boots have an awesome component, the ultra-light EVA padded sole which diminishes the boot’s weight and expands the solace given to the electrician’s feet. The boots also have a removable pad that makes them amazingly comfy for use during long hours, along with a good support at the neck to prevent ankle roll.
- Leather construction
- Unique cushioning
- H plate suspension
- Heavier than expected
- Insole may last for a shorter time
Customers are very satisfied with their purchases regarding this product, both online and offline. Many of them feel this is the best pair of electrician shoes they have bought. All in all, the Wolverine Legend electrician boots are a must have if you have the budget to spend!
My Experience With Electrician Shoes
My first pair of electrician shoes was a result of hasty decision making and no prior knowledge about the product. It is no surprise that it proved to be a poor pair and had me hating myself whenever I used it. Moving on from that time, I have learned a lot about how to judge electrical hazard shoes, the important properties that make or break the deal and the brands which can be relied upon with eyes closed.
I have surveyed the market and hand-picked the most popular EH rated boots. Of course, I had to sort through quite a lot of pairs, before I ended up with a handful which had a sweet balance of comfort and execution. I discussed my results with the EH rated shoes sellers and vendors, asked them about their opinion and tried to find out anything else which I may have missed. I also researched online for customer feedback about the products and dropped any shoes that may have persistent problems or poor buyer satisfaction. After coming up with my final list, I asked some of the electricians to wear the pairs and give their opinion on the shoes. I am happy to say that they were satisfied with the performance of the pairs in my list.
The Procedure For Evaluating And Finalizing The List
To make an impartial final list, I created a methodology for my review and based everything on it. The properties I looked for in the electrical hazard boots were:
- Durability: This is one of the most important factors in any professional working shoe and especially for electricians, since they work in various conditions (including extreme ones!). Therefore you want your shoes to be long lasting, especially if you are paying a good sum of money for them. A lot of testing had to be done to compare the durability of the shoes, as naturally all brands describe their shoes as being sturdy.
- Protection: Again, another one of the requirement for any electrician is that he is protected from electric shocks, heat and slipping. Therefore, any EH rated shoe should have be reliable and able to face the hazards of the job, which are very common in the everyday job of any electrician. For comparing the protection, I checked the EH rating of the different pairs and whether or not they come with protected toes. Generally, the EH rating should be high if you are working in an industrial environment, since they can tolerate very high amount of electricity without hurting you.
- Convenience And Comfort: Given the tough conditions you, as an electrician, may work in, the last thing you would want is your pair of shoes biting your feet or giving you itches. A quality pair of electrician boot will leave you in a good mood while you are working and improve your concentration on your job. So, in my list of recommended shoes, comfort will also be of utmost priority.
Who Should Buy The Shoes
It is strongly recommended that any professional electrician should get a pair of high quality EH rated boots, like the ones we mention below. While they may be expensive, but truth to be told, they can end up saving you from injuries or worse.
However, If you are mainly in residential settings you may not need a EH rated boot. EH rated boots tend to be more expensive then regular boots. Also most of the boots we reviewed also have some type of composite or steel toe. In general it is good in any setting to have steel toe shoes but in residential work when you are crawling through attics its better to find a boot that has excellent slip resistance or maybe find a great pair of tennis shoes.
Your new boots will be an important addition to your electrical tool list!
While the significance of work boots is self-evident, picking the best match, that can be somewhat more confounded. Would it be a good idea for you to pass by brand or by cost? My determination of boots will enable you to get your most favorite one from an array of top quality choices. Every one of the items specified in my rundown are trending in the market and have a strong reputation for built quality, comfort, and in particular protection.