Working with a mess of unlabelled wires is a special kind of hell. Luckily a good label maker can free you from this unorganized chaos.
A good electricians label maker is easy to use, portable, prints quickly, and meet key ANSI and TIA/EIA 606 A industry labeling standards.
A bad label maker is a frustrating waste of time. Hard to use, bulky, and constantly requiring re-printing.
To help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Label Makers for Electricians of 2021.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best electricians’ label makers on the market. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Top 6 Best Label Maker for Electricians
- Buying Guide
Top 6 Best Label Maker for Electricians
|DYMO Label Maker LabelManager 160 Portable Label Maker, Easy-to-Use,...||CHECK PRICE|
|Sanford Brands 1756589 RHINO 5200 Label Printer Kit||CHECK PRICE|
|Brother P-Touch, PTD210, Easy-to-Use Label Maker, One-Touch Keys, Multiple...||CHECK PRICE|
|Brady BMP21-PLUS Handheld Label Printer with Rubber Bumpers, Multi-Line...||CHECK PRICE|
|Brother P-touch Label Maker, PC-Connectable Labeler, PTD600, Color Display,...||CHECK PRICE|
|DYMO Rhino 4200 Label Maker (1801611)||CHECK PRICE|
1. DYMO Handheld Label Maker
- Form Factor: Print Only
- Printer Output: Monochrome
- Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi
The DYMO handheld label maker is a compact and easy to carry a machine that makes it the best label maker for electricians. It runs on 6 AAA batteries and has a QWERTY keyboard type that you can type on quickly.
You can use six font sizes, eight text styles, four underlines boxes, and over 228 symbols and art together. The machine comes with a tape of ½ inches x 10 feet in measurement. The large LCD screen shows precisely how the label will be printed. The label maker also saves the last types label in the memory for instant print.
With all the exceptional qualities, this product may seem to be expensive. However, it is offered at a very reasonable price.
- Large LCD screen display
- Six fonts, eight different text styles, four underlines boxes, and over 228 symbols and art can be used
- It comes with a tape roll with the table
- Saves memory of last types label
- QWERTY keyboard allows ease in typing
- Does not print barcodes
- Does not connect to the computer
- The machine does not have touch screen interface
The DYMO label maker is the best label maker for home and electricians. The secure application and reasonable price make it an excellent buy.
2. DYMO Rhino 5200 Industrial Label Maker
- GREAT FOR ASSET MANAGEMENT: Print Code 39 and Code 128 bar codes on 3/4" (19mm) wide labels
- INDUSTRY COMPLIANT: Meet key ANSI and TIA/EIA-606-A industry labeling standards
- TIME-SAVING FEATURES: Exclusive, one-touch “Hot Keys” to automatically size, space, and format label text for electrical and patch panels, terminal and 110 blocks, wire and cable flags, horizontal and vertical wraps, and fixed-length applications
The DYMO Rhino 5200 industrial label maker is primarily designed for heavy duty and professional label making which is why it is top pick for premium choice.
It comes with a case where you can carry it easily. You can customize the hotkeys for frequently used labels and store over 100 stamps in the memory. The device can print 19mm broad labels for asset use, and it can print code 39 and code 128 barcodes.
The extended lasting rechargeable battery makes it comfortable to use without having to worry about power. A manual cutter in the printer allows easy, smooth cuts when required. The machine is costly, but it is used professionally.
- Manual cutting allows user to make small labels
- Hotkeys help in making shortcuts of tags
- The device can store up to 100 names in the memory
- A whole case comes to carry it with ease
- The display is not color
- It does not seem to perform in the cold weather
For asset labeling in industries, this device is perfect. It may be a little more pricey than usual, but companies would love to use them for their gain.
3. Brother P-Touch Label Maker
- Quick access to fonts, frames, symbols and more
- Prints up to 2-lines on labels up to 12 millimeter wide
- 14 fonts, 97 frames, and more than 600 symbols
The Brother P-touch label maker is our top pick for a great value buy. Not only does it come at a great price, but it’s super simple to use. The one-touch feature allows quick access to all the fonts, symbols, and styles without a hassle.
The machine has 14 fonts, 95 frames, and 600 logos that go along with many templates that can be used to personalize labels for gifts and decoration as well. Users can store up to 30 previously typed names that are easy access and can be printed without having to type them again.
You can run the label maker with batteries or use the power adapter. The price of this label maker may be a little high, but it is worth the purchase.
- Can store up to 30 labels
- Offers up to 14 different fonts, 95 frames, and 600 symbols
- Templates of symbols and art make it useful for gifts also
- Graphic display gives an idea of the final result
- It does not come with a lot of tapes
- The power adapter needs to be bought separately
This machine is the best label printer for anyone that wants to use it for homely purposes and for different hardware purposes too.
4. Brother P-touch PC Connectible Label Maker
- Smart compact design with large keyboard and convenient top loading tape design
- Full color, high resolution display with backlight
- Create labels using the wide easy type keyboard or connect to a PC or MAC for additional functionality
Another one of the Brother P-touch label makers comes out as one of our top picks, namely because of its many different features. One of the most beautiful qualities that it has is the power to be connected to the computer system for added styles and fonts.
The display screen is made colorful and fully graphical for a better idea of the print. This label maker can use laminated and sticker tapes as well making it the best label maker for network cables as well.
An automatic cutter and seven lines of text further make it attractive. You can find this machine to be costly even after the many attractions that it has.
- Graphical color display screen
- Can be connected a computer system for added styles
- You can also print barcodes from this label maker
- Make labels of up to seven lines
- Does not have a storage memory for labels
- Cannot be connected to a power adapter
This fancy label maker might be a little expensive, but it is a good option for those that have an excessive use of making labels at home and professionally.
5. DYMO RHINO Label Maker
- FAST TYPING: Easily enter text with a familiar computer-style, QWERTY, keyboard
- TIME-SAVING FEATURES: Uses convenient one-touch “Hot Keys” to access shortcuts for creating and formatting wire/cable wraps, flags, Code 39 and Code 128 bar codes, fixed-length, general, and breaker labels
- CONVENIENT MEMORY RECALL: Quickly access your most commonly used labels, symbols and terms with the “Favorites” key
Although lower on our list, the DYMO Rhino label maker still has an immense range of features.
The machine has hotkeys that can be made into shortcuts for creating labels; this feature makes it the best cable labeling system. You can print 1/4th, 3/8th, ½ and 3/4th tags that have the industrial strength to make them last longer. You can use paper, vinyl, nylon, and permanent polyester tapes to print out labels.
The memory can store up to 25 tags. This label maker makes professional labels which are why it is a little expensive, but it is worth it.
- You can print on four different widths of tape
- The machine can print on vinyl, polyester, nylon, and paper tape keeping intact the strength
- You can store 25 labels in the memory
- Hotkeys allow you to make your shortcuts
- You cannot connect the device to a computer system
- There is no power plug included in the order
For a professional and more persistent use, this label maker is an excellent option. It gives you variety in every aspect and maintains ethical standards.
6. Brady Handheld Label Printer
- Handheld printer with keyboard creates multi line labels for clear identification of wires, panels, circuit boards, and other industrial items, and has a tough exterior with molded rubber bumpers for impact resistance
- Keyboard contains letters A to Z and numbers 0 to 9, and the text displays on the LCD screen as it is typed
- Text prints in a single color and in 6 font sizes (6 to 40 point)
The Brady handheld label printer is a sophisticated device that is fairly easy to use. The rubber bumpers give the machines more durability than ever.
The rechargeable battery is an extended lasting Li-On Battery. Users can secure print barcodes and use them on tight outdoor surfaces and indoors cables too. The machine is used for continuous and fast label printing.
With the self-lamination option, you will find the labels to be rigid. This label maker is termed very expensive for even professional use.
- Rubber bumpers make the device shockproof and strong
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery included
- The self-lamination option allows you to use labels on outdoor surfaces too
- Different width tapes can be used
- Texts can be printed in a single color only
- The LCD is small
If you want a professional use of label makers and you are ready to spend a lot of money, then this label maker will provide you excellent service along with reliable labels.
Since the market is filled with different label makers, it can be overwhelming to figure out which is the best on the market. This guide will focus on the frequent questions that come to peoples’ mind before buying the product. Take a look at the details for finding the answer to ‘What is the best label maker?’
For What Purpose Do You Need The Label Maker?
Some different label makers in the market are available for the use of various purposes. Many people prefer keeping at home for a small kitchen and other labels while some are used in the office for files and other essential things.
The most apparent use of label makers is in the hardware industry and for electricians. It is necessary to label cable wires and other tools for different safety purposes and for remembering the connections. So, the first thing that you need to do is to figure out the meaning. This buyer’s guide will focus on buying the best label maker for electricians.
What Kind Of Keypad Should We Have?
The point of a handy label maker for any purpose is to make sure that it is easy to use. It is essential to look for label makers that are easy to use. QWERTY keypad is one of the easiest ways to type and very handy. It also helps make fewer mistakes than the 3×3 keyboard that we find on the phones. With the sticky keys in the QWERTY keypad, you can have access to some different symbols and patterns. They also offer many font styles and frames to choose.
Which LCD Screen Should The Label Maker Have?
Label makers have LCD screens that will preview what kind of label that you will have. LCD screens can be digital and straightforward that only shows a simple font and style of the name.
Some LCD screens are also graphical that present colors for decorative tags that are usually used for gifts and fancy names. The best one for electricians is the simple ones that allow you to edit the text.
Memory in the Device!
You may think that having some memory to store the previously typed labels is not necessary. However, for electricians, it will be required. Go for a device that has a storage memory for at least 30 tags.
The memory will make it easy for you to access the frequently used tags; this feature helps in wire labeling and those factors. Some label makers also feature hotkeys that provide customized shortcuts that make it easier.
Continuous or Break Labels?
Some label makers are responsible for making labels in a sequence or flow. These are not suitable for a single purpose but more for numbering the objects or sequencing objects. Once you decide what purpose you need the device for, you will need to choose between a continuous print and a broken print. The break prints will also have an option to manual or automatic.
Type of Label Tape That Can Be Used!
Some devices can use laminated, sticky, and other kinds of tapes. These tapes include polyester, nylon, and other material that are put on different surfaces. If you need a versatile device, then you need to choose one accordingly.
After reading this guide, you may have found out that what factors you need to look into before buying the best label maker for electricians. For us, the winner is the DYMO Handheld Label Maker which is simple for home, office and electrician use altogether. It is easy in the pocket and very convenient to use.