There are a huge number of rolling tool bags on the market that come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
The best rolling tool bags will have rugged wheels that can easily roll on rough terrain, give you easy access to your tools, and have plenty of pockets for tool storage.
On the other hand, a bad rolling tool bag has fragile made-in-China wheels and offers little to no tool storage. A complete waste of money.
So to help you separate the good from the junk, we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Rolling Tool Bags of 2021.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best rolling tool bags on the market. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Best Rolling Tool Bag
- Buying Guide
Best Rolling Tool Bag
|DEWALT DGL571 Lighted Roller Tool Bag, 18 in.||CHECK PRICE|
|Klein Tools 55452RTB Tool Bag, Water Resistant Tool Storage Organizer Rolls...||CHECK PRICE|
|STANLEY Tool Box, 3-in-1 Rolling WorkShop (STST18613)||CHECK PRICE|
|CLC Custom Leathercraft L258 TechGear Roller Tool Bag with Lighted Handle,...||CHECK PRICE|
|Husky GP-44316AN13 14" 600-Denier Red Water-Resistant Contractor's Rolling...||CHECK PRICE|
|MILWAUKEE ELEC TOOL 48-22-8221 18" Jobsite Rolling Bag||CHECK PRICE|
- LIGHTED ROLLER TOOL BAG: This lighted tool bag features heavy duty treaded wheels for easy movement over rough terrain.
- EASY ACCESS TO TOOLS: The magnetic folding zipper top of this tool bag conveniently attaches to a telescoping handle for full access to the main compartment.
- LARGE TOOL BAG: The large interior of this lighted roller tool bag holds most large power tools and accessories.
The DGL571 from Dewalt is the 18-inch rolling tool bag with top quality heavy duty rubber-treaded wheels that enable you to move the bag around with comfort even on the harsh terrains or through tight spaces. It has a folding zipper that has a magnet, and it attaches the top with the telescoping handle and won’t disturb you when you are looking for the tools to use from the compartment.
The Dewalt rolling tool bag holds a largely sized interior, and you can conveniently place the big sized tools and accessories in it. The rolling tool bag also features web carrying handles with padding.Your purchase will also include an LED light along with a couple of AAA batteries. It weighs around ten pounds, and its dimensions are 19.5-inch x 13-inch x 16.5-inch.
- It has top quality heavy duty rubber-treaded wheels.
- The rolling tool bag comes with a magnetic folding zipper.
- It has a large-sized interior to provide you with the planet of storage space.
- The bag even features the carrying handles with web padding.
- The large-sized compartment does not provide organized storage.
- It is an expensive product especially if we compare its price with features.
Dewalt products are globally recognized for their quality and performance, and this rolling tool bag is no exception. Given their excellent electricians tool bag and electricians tool backpack, it’s no surprise to us how good this bag is. However, for some of you, it might exceed your budget slightly. For those people I would consider Stanley’s tool bag a fantastic alternative.
- Rolling Tool Bag's rugged 6-Inch wheels easily handle rough terrain
- Tool Organizer has 24 pockets for maximum tool storage
- Orange interior for easy tool visibility
The 55452RTB Tradesman Pro Organizer from Klein Tools is an excellent option if you are looking for longevity and durability. It is equipped with a molded kick plate to keep the bag and your tools protected from various elements. The best part of the 55452RTB is that it has plenty of storage for your accessories and has 24 pockets of different sizes.
A significant feature of this product is it has orange colored interior so that you can see all the tools and don’t have to spend time finding the right one for the use. The bag is very durable with 600D ballistic weaving, and it also boasts a telescoping handle for secure storage and maneuverability. It is the best rolling tool bag at this price, and it weighs around 20 pounds with dimensions of 19.9-inch x 16.3-inch x 11-inch.
- It comes with 24 pockets to provide you with maximum storage facility.
- It even features a molded kick plate for added protection.
- The bag is weaved with 600D ballistic weaving for added strength.
- It also has a heavy-duty telescopic handle for easy mobility.
- The bag has an orange colored interior for maximum tool visibility.
- The bag is bulky, and it doesn’t move easily especially in tight spaces.
- Getting the tools from the bottom can be very tough.
It is an excellent product that offers durability and plenty of storage space, no matter how big your tools list. Although it’s slightly pricier than some of the other options on our list, it’s quality is second to none. Highly recommended for tradesmen who want a premium rolling tool bag, and are happy to pay a bit extra for top-quality.
- The item is Stanley STST18613 3-in-1 Rolling WorkShop
- Metal front and side latches for heavy duty usage - side latches can be clicked shut with or without organizer
- Used for Power Tool Accessories, Misc. Power Tool Accessories; The product is manufactured in United States
The STST18613 rolling workshop from Stanley is a 3-in-1 tool bag with wheels that you can use for power tool accessories and other miscellaneous purposes. The tool bag is entirely manufactured in the US, and it follows all the essential quality standards. The tool bag comes with a removable tray which you can use to place the large-sized tools in the space below. It is also equipped with a removable organizer for small components, and you can move the bag around with the help of a firm telescoping handle.
It is easily the best rolling tool bag that you can find on the market because it not only provides you with features but also comes at a very affordable price. The STST18613 weighs around ten pounds, and its dimensions are 18.1-inch x 11.6-inch x 24.3-inch. It is entirely made of high-quality plastic which means the product will last for an extended period.
- The rolling toolbox is handy for power tool accessories and miscellaneous purposes.
- It is entirely manufactured in the US and meets all essential quality standards.
- The tool bag is equipped with a removable tray to place the large tools below.
- There is a separately detachable organizer for small components.
- It even features a sturdy telescopic handle for easy maneuvering.
- The wheels of the tool bag are flimsy, and you cannot overload the bag with tools, or they will tilt inwards.
- There are not many storage compartments if you are looking for those.
It is the best rolling tool bag for us because it does all the basics right. If you don’t load it up excessively, the tool tote with wheels will last for many years. Plus, you can purchase it at a very affordable price.
- TELESCOPING LED LIGHT HANDLE: Can be easily directed at work area or into tool carrier to help identify tools and parts
- SEE IN ALL LIGHTING CONDITIONS: LED light can also illuminate your path while transporting the bag
- ADJUSTABLE LIGHT: Levels of light output allow adjustment for wide area illumination or close-up work
This roller tool bag from Custom Leathercraft features a telescoping handle with LED light which you can direct to your working area or in the tool carrier to find the accessories. It enables you to work in the dark with convenience. You can also use this light to illuminate your path if you are walking in the dark during transportation of the tool bag.
The best thing is that you can even make adjustments to the output of the light to work in different light conditions. The compartment is equipped with six multi-use pockets within along with eleven on the outside. The bag is also equipped with heavy-duty wheels for ease in transportation. Its dimensions are 18.5-inch x 13-inch x 17-inch and the bag weighs 9.35 pounds.
- It has a telescoping handle with LED light that you can use for various purposes.
- It is equipped with six pockets on the inside and eleven on the outside.
- The tool bag is equipped with heavy duty rubber-treaded wheels for ease of transportation.
- You can conveniently access all the tools from its large zipper lid.
- This tool bags is slightly less sturdy than most of the product on our list of best rolling tool bags.
- The bag is not too convenient for stairways.
The only reason it appears on our list of best rolling tool bags in the lower half is that it is slightly less sturdy than the products on the top otherwise it does deliver the value that you are searching.
- WORK AT HOME OR ABROAD with this bag containing a heavy duty telescoping handle perfectly balanced over two rear wheels
- CAPACITY: carry up to 80 pounds
- BONUS VALUE includes thick handles with cross x stitching, 2 exterior tape measure loops, dual zipper system, business card holder, and innovative skid plates that protect the handle!
The GP-44316AN13 from Husky boasts innovative skid plates to keep the telescoping handle protected at all times. The tool bag can conveniently hold weights of up to 80 lbs, and it is rigorously tested for durability plus your purchase will also come with a 3-year limited warranty.
It has a couple of heavy duty wheels to transport the bag around the working area. Your contents will be well protected due to its 600-denier polyester material that is used in the making. The bag weighs around 11-inch, and its dimensions are 14-inch x 13-inch x 9-inch.
- It can conveniently hold up to 80lbs in it.
- The tool bag features innovative skid plates to keep the handle well protected at all times.
- The bag is made of 600-denier polyester to keep the contents safe from water or moisture.
- The bag comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- The bag itself is hefty.
- It is not very easy to maneuver at your job site particularly in the tight spaces.
It is a good product that offers plenty of storage room for your tools, and the bag is also very sturdy with a resilient telescoping handle and heavy-duty wheels.
- 6" All terrain metal Rimmed wheels with strong extension handle
- Carry loads up to 200 lb
- All metal skid plates & 1680D ballistic material construction
Milwaukee is another one of the high-quality brands that are known for its top-notch products (such as their fantastic electricians tool belt), and this tool bag is no different. The bag features 6-inch wheels with metal rims that come with a solid extension handle, and it can carry loads of up to 200lbs. The bag also features all metal skid plates along with 1680D ballistic material design. Its dimensions are 16-inch x 19.5-inch x 22-inch, and the bag weighs slightly at 23 ½ pounds.
- It has 6-inch all terrain wheels with metal rims.
- It features a solid extension handle.
- The bag can carry a load up to 200lbs.
- Its skid plates are all metal.
- It has 1680D ballistic materials design.
- The zippers of this bag are of cheap quality.
- It is a slightly expansive product.
Overall, the brand worth of Milwaukee and an above average performance of this product enable it to appear on our list of best rolling tool bags.
What Is The Purpose of a Rolling Tool Bag?
The fundamental objective of a rolling tool bag is that it provides you with some extra room to keep all the tools that you need at the worksite. These bags can conveniently hold anything and everything that you might need to complete your job. If you carry a handful tools, then you need a rolling tool bag so it can accompany you to the job area and make it easy for you to keep all the tools at one place and transport them from one place to another.
These bags provide you with the convenience to store all your tools in one place when you need them. These tools bags are best suited for those people who work at construction sites or handyman because they need all their tools readily available to them at all times.
What Type of Material Should I Prefer When Buying a Tool Bag?
The type of the materials used in the making of a tool bag is vital for its performance and durability. Different materials have varying durability levels. Most common options for you to choose are polyester, nylon, and canvas.
What Should Be The Ideal Size?
It mostly depends on your requirements and preferences. You must pay attention to the dimensions and measurements because if you work around mainly in the tight spaces, then you won’t need those massive sized bags. Similarly, if you work with an extensive range of tools, then you will also require large-sized bags. Most of the time, 18-inch x 10-inch size works out well.
Do I Need To Consider The Organizing Feature of a Tool Bag?
Yes, you must consider that because you don’t want to spend all the time looking for the right tools for your job at hand and spend less time on the job itself. For this reason, organizing feature of nay rolling tool bag is vital, and you must look into it.
Should I Opt for a More Substantial Bag or a Lighter Bag?
You must choose a lighter bag instead of a more substantial option because the best rolling tool bags are light in weight. They should only become heavy when you put your tools and accessories in them. Lightweight bags not only improve mobility but also enhance portability.
Our winner the best rolling tool bags listed above is the STST18613 rolling workshop from Stanley. It is a 3-in-1 tool bag on wheels that you can use for various purposes. It is entirely manufactured in the US and comes with a removable tray which you can use to place the large tools. It also features a removable organizer for small components and accessories.
Now you have all the information that is needed to buy the best rolling tool bag, and we hope that this post has made your buying decision way simpler than you could have ever imagined.