An electricians tool bag is a convenient way to carry around and get quick access to your tools (just as important as an electricians tool belt).
A good electricians tool bag will be durable, comfortable to carry around, and have lots of pockets for tool storage (at a reasonable price).
A bad tool bag on the other hand is just a cheap waste of time.
To help you find the best electricians tool bags on the market – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Electricians Tool Bags of 2020.
Buy with the confidence that you’re spending your money on a tool bag that’s going to last. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Best Electrician Tool Bag
- Custom LeatherCraft 1529 16-Pocket, 16-Inch Center Tray Tool Bag
- DEWALT Electrical and Maintenance Tool Carrier
- Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Extreme Electrician’s Bag
- Custom LeatherCraft Multi-Compartment 50 Pocket Tool Bag
- Milwaukee 50 Pocket Bucket-Less Tool Organizer
- Husky 18 in. Large Mouth Bag
- Who Needs an Electrician Tool Bag
- How Did I Pick the Electrician Tool Bags in My List
Best Electrician Tool Bag
|DEWALT DG5582 Electrical and Maintenance Tool Carrier & Parts Tray, 11 In.,...||CHECK PRICE|
|17-1/2" Electricians Tool Bag, 78 Pockets, Black/Orange||CHECK PRICE|
|CLC Custom LeatherCraft 1529 16 In. Center Tray Tool Bag, 16 Pocket||CHECK PRICE|
|CLC Custom LeatherCraft 1539 Multi-Compartment 50 Pocket Tool Bag||CHECK PRICE|
|Milwaukee 49-17-0180 50 Pocket Bucket-Less Tool Organizer||CHECK PRICE|
|Husky 82003N11 18" Water-Resistant Contractor/DIY Tool Bag with Shoulder...||CHECK PRICE|
Custom LeatherCraft 1529 16-Pocket, 16-Inch Center Tray Tool Bag
- 16 POCKET TOOL BAG: This heavy duty tool bag has 8 pockets outside, and 8 inside, to organize a wide range of tools and accessories.
- COMFORTABLE TO CARRY: Extra padded carrying handles and adjustable shoulder strap make this tool bag comfortable when transporting your tools.
- PLASTIC PARTS TRAY TO ORGANIZE SMALL PARTS: A 13½" x 9" multi-compartment plastic parts tray is included with this durable tool bag, which stores into middle compartment for easy access to the rest of tool bag contents.
Customer Leather Craft (CLC) is a premium brand for professional wear, like gloves, boots and, of course, tool bags.
The 1529 electrician tool bag is a rugged and spacious tool bag, that is going make it super easy for you to move from one job to another, without packing/unpacking your tools every time.
The bag is made from polyester fabric and is bound to resist heat, water and dust, without showing any signs of wearing.
The size of the bag allows you to put all your tools in one place, but the design ensures that the bag does not feel too big to carry around with you. It has a 16 inch center tray, 8 pockets inside and 8 pockets outside to keep your tools organized and easy to access.
The tools are well protected with extra padding around the exterior, while the shoulder pad is adjustable to let you carry the bag in a position most comfortable for you. Put in your wrenches, pliers, testers, screwdrivers and all other accessories (large and small), and get working!
- Durable and stylish
- Import quality
- 10 x 10 x 14
- Plastic tray included
- 8 Pockets outside and 8 inside
- Extra padding
Adjustable shoulder strap
- No tape loop
- Net pockets non elastic
- Zipper quality could be improved
DEWALT Electrical and Maintenance Tool Carrier
- 23 POCKET TOOL BAG: This tool carrier allows for a wide variety of tools and parts, and includes a flap-covered pocket and two zippered pockets.
- COMFORTABLE TO CARRY: This tool bag is adjustable, with a non-slip padded shoulder strap and a non-slip handle, to make carrying more comfortable.
- OPEN-TOP DESIGN TOOL BAG: This tool bag features an open top design for excellent visibility and access to tools and parts in large center cavity.
Next, we have the good old DeWalt, a trusted name in the world of electrical hardware and accessories, so it is no surprise that I have found one of its electrical bags for my list.
The DG5582 electrician tool bag has the trademark yellow and black color scheme, which is so symbolic of all DeWalt products.
It features dimensions of 8.5 x 10.5 x 10 inches, which is quite sufficient for keeping tools needed for medium to large scale electrical jobs.
The tool bag comes with an open top design for quick access and has a variety of storage options to keep your accessories: 23 pockets, 1 plastic tray, tape clip, wire strap and more!
The bag comes padded externally for extra durability and protection. It has an adjustable and non-slip shoulder strap for your convenience and comfort. Expect it to last for several years and become your partner at work.
- Adjustable, non-slip shoulder strap
- Plastic tray
- 23 pockets and slots
- Open-top design
- Measuring tape clip and strap
- Spring clip
- DeWalt warranty
- Lack of sufficient small pockets
- Top pockets not deep enough
- Handle at the top not sturdy
Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Extreme Electrician’s Bag
- 78 pockets for extreme tool storage
- Lock bars keep bag propped open
- Hard molded pocket protects tools, meters and tech devices
As you would know by now, I am a fan of Klein Tools. As you can imaging, Klein is one of the leading manufactures in electrical products.
They KNOW how to design their bags to carry any electrical product you may carry.
The 554171814 Electrician Tool Bag by Klein is one of its most popular products in its range. It is preferred by all contractors not just electricians.
The bag comes in a black exterior and an orange interior, hinting the preferred color aesthetics of most Klein products. It is made from hard molded plastic frame and 1680D ballistic weave for super durability even in the most extreme conditions.
The bag comes with 78 pockets (inside and outside) to give you the ultimate luxury of keeping even your whole tool kit in it. Large or small tools, you will find no issues in storing anything.
The bag sizes 15 x 10 (W x H) and has a great interior layout, which will allow you to get your tools without fiddling for them.
The shoulder strap of the bag is adjustable and comes with padding for comfortable carrying. There are also lock bars installed on the front for securing your bag and preventing it from opening as you run from job site to job site.
- 78 pockets
- Ballistic weave
- Shoulder strap with padding
- Lock bars
- Fully molded plastic frame
- Made in China (Advertised as made in America)
- No long and wide pockets
Custom LeatherCraft Multi-Compartment 50 Pocket Tool Bag
- STAY ORGANIZED: This tool bag from CLC features 50 pockets to organize all of your tools and accessories.
- SUPPORTS LARGE HAND TOOLS: This tool bag has a large center compartment to carry multiple power tools and accessories and separate outside compartments.
- SPILL PROOF TOOL BAG: Zippered side panels on this heavy duty tool bag prevent spillage of tools when carrying or storing bag.
It is no surprise that I have added another CLC Electrician Tool Bag as my number fourth pick in this list. There are just too many quality products from this manufacturer to only pick one.
The 1539 Electrician Tool Bag is a larger cousin of the previously reviewed CLC bag. It has a multi compartment layout and can become your ultimate tool carrier.
The inner compartments can easily store larger and smaller tools alike, with 18 pockets for an organized storage. There is even a large carabiner and a tape clip, along with long vertical pockets. On the outside of the bag, you will find seven pockets for your most commonly used units.
The bag is made from durable heavy duty polymer material, with a ballistic trimming, to ensure that it can bear the afflictions of an electrician’s job. The zippers are doubled for secure storage, while the shoulder straps have been padded for comfort. The handle is heavy duty in nature and gives a reliable grip. Overall, this is an excellent tool storage solution for professionals.
- Multiple pockets
- Vertical tool pockets
- Spacious center compartment
- Side zipper
- Exterior compartments
- Not water resistant
- No tape loop
- Elastic loops are poor in quality
- Net pockets inelastic in nature
Milwaukee 50 Pocket Bucket-Less Tool Organizer
- Organizer shown complete with tools to illustrate its ample storage capabilities
- 50 total pockets of assorted shapes and sizes positioned inside and out provide limitless storage options
- Heavy-duty water resistant 600 Denier Ripstop Polyester Material for durability and tear resistance
Milwaukee is a popular American hardware and accessories producer. I have reviewed several of Milwaukee’s products and have found them all to be of super quality compared to their average counterparts.
The Miwaukee Electrician Tool Bag is a top notch utility tool carrier. It comes with 50 pockets of various shapes and sizes (inside and outside) to give you the ultimate luxury of organizing your units exactly the way you want.
You may arrange your tools with respect to size or usage or in any other arrangement, since there the bag is quite versatile.
The pockets have been lined with ballistic threading and have an overall external padding for complete safety of your tools. There is even a hammer loop with quick access.
The exterior of the bag is made from heavy duty polyester. The material can tolerate water and heat, without showing any strains. It is rip resistant, meaning that you will never find your tools falling off the bag while going to a job site. The bottom has been molded with a hard shell for excellent support and greater protection.
The handle has been padded for giving comfort, even when the bag has several heavy tools in it.
- 9 x 12.6 x 3.3 inches
- Ample storage
- 50 total pockets
- Heavy-duty water resistant
- Rip resistant
- Padded handles
- Internal hammer loop
- Small in size
Husky 18 in. Large Mouth Bag
- OPTIMIZE ORGANIZATION with 13 internal pockets and 16 external pockets.
- DIMENSIONS: 18” Length x 10” Width x 10” Height
- INCLUDED ACCESSORY: shoulder strap for comfortable portability.
Husky is perhaps a brand that you would have not seen much on my website. It is not an electrician focused manufacturer nor is it a producer of hardware products.
The Husky 18 electrician tool bag is a basic version and I thought it would make a good addition to my list, since not every electrician is looking for a top of the line bag, with tons of features.
The Husky 18 comes in a red and black color scheme. It is made from a polyester and resin compound, which enables the bag to be soft but durable, as well as slightly resistant to water (don’t expect it to save your tools in rain). The bag has a large mouth and can be used to keep several tools at once.
There are only 8 pockets inside, so do not expect to keep all your things organized. I would recommend to use it if you are doing domestic or small scale jobs. There are 10 pouches on the exterior of the bag for keeping some of your most used units.
The handles of the bag are reinforced to give better grip and security. The shoulder strap is quite simple compared to the ones found on some of the products above.
- Easy to use
- 6 pouches in 5 pockets out
- Water resistant
- Super durable
- Lack of sufficient pockets
- Tools are usually kept in unorganized fashion
Who Needs an Electrician Tool Bag
All electricians are recommended to have a tool bag. While the size and the style may vary, depending on whether you are doing a small scale or a large scale job, the fact is that it is quite easy to misplace or forget your tools and with a tool bag, you can easily prevent this problem from ever arising.
Now you might be wondering how to shop for a tool bag. You are not the only one. With the variety of products available in the market it is quite easy to get confused while selecting a tool bag for yourself.
There are some inexpensive ones, while others charge you a premium.
Some have room for extra tools, while others don’t have pockets. There are too many things to consider, especially if it is the first time you are considering to buy a tool bag,
A quality electricians tote tool bag is a good alternative if you don’t have too many electricians’ tools. If you’re carrying a lot of tools around with you, a rolling electricians tool bag might be better suited to your needs.
How Did I Pick the Electrician Tool Bags in My List
Well, with regards to an electrician tool bag, most come with the standard options you might expect. There are a few that stand apart from the competition.
I made a short list of products by choosing the highest rated tool bags on online and offline market places.
What I looked for in the shortlisted products was durability, comfort, spaciousness and convenience.
A durable tool bag will keep your tools protected from impacts, resist wearing from heat and corrosion from water.
Similarly, a comfortable tool bag will make it easy for you to carry it around due to the extra padding in shoulder strapping and handles.
Spaciousness is again important, depending upon your job type, as some electricians use large tools which need large space, while others usually work with small sized tools and hence require smaller space.
Lastly, you want your tool bag to be convenient when carrying and using. Your tool bag should not feel like a burden as you move from job to job.
While these are the main properties which I looked for in my tool bags, I chose to eliminate any tool bags, from my short list, which had poor customer feedback. This allowed me to remove any chances of listing a bad product. After thorough research and surveying, I ended up picking 6 products which I feel are superior from the rest.
There is a huge variety of electrician tool bags in the market. They come in different colors, styles and sizes. While I am not saying that my list is exhaustive, I am sure that it covers all kinds of styles and features available in the market and gives you the most superior products to choose from.
Electrician tool bags make transportation of your tools very convenient and easy. You can move from job to job, without worrying about losing your tools or organizing them again and again. Get one which suits your requirement perfectly and start looking forward to your work every day!