Having to charge multiple appliances at the same time when there’s not enough room on your outlet can be very frustrating.
Luckily we now have USB wall outlets, which make it possible to charge your mobile & tablets with the same amount of wall real estate. It’s a lot more convenient since you no longer need your power adapter to plug into the outlet.
A good USB wall outlet is able to quickly charge your phone while being tamper-resistant and child safe. The best USB wall outlets can even recognize the power needs of your connected devices – delivering the maximum power that your devices will allow.
To help make sure you’re getting the best value for your money – we’ve reviewed the Top 5 USB Wall Outlets of 2020.
Buy with the confidence that you’re spending your money on a high-quality USB wall outlet. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
Top 5 Best USB Wall Outlets
|TOPGREENER TU2154A-W High Speed USB Charger Outlet, USB Wall Charger,...||CHECK PRICE|
|Leviton T5632-W 15-Amp Charger/Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle, 1-Pack,...||CHECK PRICE|
|BESTTEN USB Outlet Surge Protector, 4 USB (Max 4.2A) Charging Ports and 3...||CHECK PRICE|
|EATON TR7740W-K Combination Electrical Receptacle, 125 V, 15 A, 1.9 x 3.8 x...||CHECK PRICE|
|GE UltraPro Tamper Resistant 20W Dual USB Receptacle 2 Pack, for iPhone 11...||CHECK PRICE|
- Wall outlet with USB ports ensures all your devices stay charged while leaving room for other appliances. Charge two USB devices simultaneously without adapters
- USB Power Rating: 4.0 Amp (up to 4.8), 5VDC combined charging capacity; each USB port can reach up to 2.4A on a standalone charge (USB ports do not support fast charging)
- Smart and safe charging with Intellichip built into the USB ports. Recognizes power need of connected devices, then delivers the maximum power that your devices allow, up to 2.4A per port
From the high-tech electrical company, Topgreener Company in California, offers this USB receptacle and is one of the best known for its quick charging capability even for your most demanding devices.
Key features and specifications:
It has the smart intelli-chip that gives optimum charging to your devices. It integrates two USB charging outlets, so it doesn’t need an adapter while charging two USB devices at the same time.
With 5V DC AND 4.0A, it can quickly charge all gadgets like an iPad, Smartphone, and tablet, while keeping an optimum level of charge to be needed with its intelliChip. This USB receptacle is a Tamper Resistant Receptacle (TRR). This receptacle only allows other cords in the outlets, making it safe for your toddlers and children.
It has an easy installation quality with side wired with UL listing. Available in white, this USB receptacle has a nice appearance when placed next to your walls. The price is reasonable for the all the features it offers and is worth buying to solve your needs of multiple charging devices.
- This device is easy to install and causes no mess during installation.
- Child safe tamper-resistant duplex receptacle increases safety by preventing unwanted objects from being inserted into the outlets.
- Smart and safe charging with Intellichip built into the USB ports.
- The unit looks great when installed on the wall.
- 2 wall plates included (screwless and traditional decorator); back and side wired; 125VAC, 15A duplex receptacle, UL-listed
- Some of the outlets contain more wires than expected.
This USB wall outlet from Topgreener has all the features that you want for your daily charging needs. It is affordable, easy to install, and has smart and safe charging with Intellichip built into the USB ports. Overall our top pick if you want a safe and wire-free USB outlet charging experience.
- Smart; Built in Smart chip recognizes the individual device’s charging requirements to optimize the charge
- Powerful: Two high powered charging ports deliver a combined total of 3.6A charging current and 18 watts of power
- Convenient: No more searching for charging adapters. Upgrade so you can charge electronics while leaving the outlets free for additional power needs
Using advanced technology to deliver fast charging, Leviton has a USB portal with a nice vertical USB outlet combination to solve all your simultaneous device charging problems whether in your home or in the office.
Key features and specifications:
Leviton’s T5632 is an amazing USB outlet which integrates two USB ports, making your devices charge quickly. With the new smart chip technology, it charges all your devices and gadgets, while maintaining an ideal level of constant power with a charging capacity of 3.6A.
This product has a Tamper Resistant Receptacle (TRR) which protects your children from getting accidentally shocked. With the vertically positioned ports, it gives you more space to handle wires and reduces the strain on USB cables.
It is lightweight weighing only 1.6 ounces and available in white, this Electrical outlet does not affect the appearance of your walls and fits perfectly by screwless wall plates. It is economical and fulfills your daily needs.
- Built in smart chip recognizes the individual device’s charging requirement to optimize the charge
- Powerful 3.6A charging current and 18 watts of power
- Delivers a super fast charge
- High quality Tamper Resistant Receptacle
- Compact design which fits well into the wall
- Built in overcurrent protection helps protect the electronic from receiving too much power which can damage the device
- Slightly pricier option
Leviton is a reputable company and has made some of the best whole house surge protectors and washing machine surge protectors on the market. The Leviton T5632 is an excellent USB outlet: it’s a quick charging source, is lightweight, and easily fits into your walls. Although a slightly pricier option, the added Tamper Resistant Receptacle and built-in smart chip make it well worth the price. If you’re happy to pay a little extra, the Leviton USB wall outlet charger is an excellent purchase.
- 4 high-speed USB ports (5VDC/4.2A), each port charges up to 2.4A for tablets, smartphones and other devices
- 3 grounded AC outlets. 15A/125V/1875W
- 300 Joule surge protector. EMI/RFI noise filtering provide electronic protection for your sensitive home/office devices
From one of the leading companies of wall adapter production, Bestten has introduced multi-outlet wall adapter having 4 USB ports allowing you to charge your devices without hassle.
Key features and specifications:
Bestten has a protecting surge feature thereby avoiding voltage spikes above safety thresholds. This protects your devices from being damaged. It has 4 USB ports with 2.4 A per USB port helps you to charge all your devices like smartphones, iPads, iPod, iPhone, and other USB ported devices efficiently and quickly.
It incorporates 3 AC electrical outlets to charge up all your household appliances simultaneously. It is spacious enough to allow maneuvering of devices easily without getting cords tangled up. It also has mounting screw keeping it from wiggling.
With a unique feature of the slide out holders. It can keep your phone in a safe place while charging and goes back into the receptacle when not in use. It had a line voltage of 125V for AC and recognized for its safety by NRTL (National Recognized Testing Laboratory). With the features it offers, it is worth buying.
- Dual side slide-out phone holders and LED surge protection indicator
- ETL approved and certified, 1 year worry-free warranty
- Built-in 300 Joule surge protector. EMI/RFI noise filtering provide electronic protection for your sensitive home/office devices.
- The charging center of Bestten USB receptacle is great
- It has 4 USB ports giving you simultaneous charging with 2.4A per port.
- It has an electrical and USB outlet on one device, solving any charging problem.
- Very well priced
- A larger charging station, so make sure it can fit into your wall socket before buying
- If the outlet is mounted horizontally, the slide-out phone holders are no longer useful.
The Bestten Electrical Outlet with USB ports is a great value USB wall outlet, with 4 USB Charging Ports and 3 AC Electrical Sockets. The slide-out phone holders are also very handy, and the product is very well-priced.
If you’re looking for a larger wall outlet with more AC electrical sockets and USB charging ports, this is the charging station for you.
- Dual USB ports conveniently charge most electronic devices and is more energy efficient than many plugged in adapters 700mA
- LED indicator light glows to notify user that device is charging and will go off when a full charge is achieved
- 15A 125V single receptacle is compliant with 2011 NEC and features UL approved Tamper Resistant Shutters that resist the insertion of foreign objects that can cause electrical shock and injury;Total_power outlets:1
Eaton Company is one of the multinational power management companies. It has introduced its copper wiring USB wall charger outlet with multiple features to make charging multiple devices easier.
Key features and specifications:
This Eaton TR7740 has dual USB outlet combo, which fulfills your USB charging needs. It has a 5-volt charger adapter, two poles, and 3-wire grounding. With an LED protector indicator, it protects your devices from overcharging and turns off its light when the charge is full.
Protecting you from any mishap, shock or accident, Eaton electrical outlets are tamper resistant. It will not open shutters in the case of insertion to one side. It is a 125V single receptacle. It avoids corrosion as its mounting strap is zinc plated.
Available in white, it is lightweight and easy to install, making it a good investment.
- It has no charging issue with any device. It works well with all devices.
- It works flawlessly and provides a good
- Eaton USB charger is good quality and doesn’t break.
- It is a low-cost charging product.
- The outlet of this charger is deep.
- Charging two tablets at once gives 1A to each port.
This product of USB receptacle is awesome if you want to have a cheap USB wall charger outlet with an electrical outlet and USB charger. It is easy to install and has wire grounding. A great option if you want cheap and safe receptacles.
- 2 Pack: Upgrade with this 2 pack 20W Dual USB Receptacle that adds a modern touch to your receptacles
- Safety features: tamper-resistant outlets increase safety by blocking the insertion of foreign objects into outlets
- Power more: 20 W dual USB charging ports charge two devices directly from the power source
With the ultra-charge technology, here is a 2-pack high-speed USB charger from GE. It incorporates two USB and two AC outlets in one receptacle.
Key features and specifications:
GE has its new USB charger in a pack of two which includes two AC outlets. It is an upgraded model which provides faster charging to your USB ported devices.
It has 4.0A/20W USB ports giving your devices the power supply they need. Its ultra-charge technology gives your devices an efficient charge in a short period of time. It provides up to 40% times faster charge than many other charging devices.
GE USB charger is Tamper Resistant Receptacle (TRR) that blocks any foreign objects into outlets. It came with a two-year warranty and certified under UL listings. With the pack of two, this one is worth the money if you to install it in different parts of your home or office.
- The company GE is quite They make excellent products.
- It works well when charging devices.
- It is a safe electrical + USB outlet as it is UL listed.
- The quality of this 2-pack USB receptacle from GE is good.
- It is Tamper Resistant.
- It does not include charging cables and a wall plate making it can become difficult for you to arrange a perfect fit.
This USB charger from the GE Company is quite reasonable for anyone who wants to buy two of the same charging outlets. It comes in a pack of two USB and two AC outlets. Anyone looking for these features, this USB outlet combo would be worth buying.
There are some precautions you should take before buying any of the USB or charging related devices.
- Check for the number of ports that the device is providing. It sometimes happens that the number of ports does not enough space between them when all in use. That can cause the charger to become unnecessarily bulky.
- Check the reviews from the customers.
- Check the voltage level it supports. Sometimes, customers buy them to ship to someone, and the voltage is sometimes not supported in others countries.
- Check how quick it charges. Look for an outlet which charges yor devices quickly.
- Check if the device heats up and what is the quality. Will it erode soon?
- Always buy from an authentic company or seller, which can provide safety confirmations of the device.
- Look at the installing manual and estimate whether it will fit well into your wall or not.
- Try to buy a product that is Tamper Resistant Receptacles for safety purposes.
- Check for whether or not the USB outlet has a warranty.
Now, as we have come to the end of the article, it’s time to give the final remarks of all the products above According to all the features mentioned and considering their prices, the USB receptacle from Top Greener Company is the winner.
The reasons being that, Top greener is much cheaper for the feature it is providing. It has two USB and two electrical outlets with a much higher charging capacity of 2.4A for each port that is suitable for fast charging. This capacity may not be available on other devices as mentioned.
It also includes wall plates and traditional decorators for an easy installation, unlike some products which don’t have this option. This product is considered to be the best seller for an electrical outlet with USB port.