Listening to a good jobsite radio with crisp sound quality makes the day go by a whole lot faster.
On the other hand, a bad jobsite radio with radio static and a poor battery life can turn a perfectly good day into a frustrating experience.
To help you find the best jobsite radio on the market – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Jobsite Radios of 2020.
We’ve picked the winners based on their durability, bluetooth range, portability, battery life, and of course – sound quality.
Let’s dive into the reviews.
- Best Jobsite Radio
- Jobsite Radio Buying Guide:
- Which are the loudest jobsite radios and what should be the battery life of these devices?
- Do these jobsite radios come with a USB charging port?
- Can I use my SD card in a construction radio?
- Do I need to consider user-friendliness of the controls and buttons of a jobsite radio?
- Can I use these radios in other places as well?
Best Jobsite Radio
|Sangean BB-100 AM/FM/Bluetooth/Aux-in Ultra Rugged Digital Tuning...||CHECK PRICE|
|Milwaukee 2890-20 18V Dual Chemistry M18 Jobsite Radio with Shock Absorbing...||CHECK PRICE|
|DEWALT 20V MAX Bluetooth Speaker for Jobsite (DCR006)||CHECK PRICE|
|PORTER-CABLE Bluetooth Speaker & Radio (PCC771B)||CHECK PRICE|
|Ridgid R84087 18V Lithium Ion Cordless / Corded Jobsite Radio with...||CHECK PRICE|
|Sangean TB-100 (Toughbox) AM / FM / AUX-In Ultra Rugged Digital Tuning...||CHECK PRICE|
- Built-in Bluetooth technology version 4.1 class II wireless Audio streaming
- Built-in battery charger for rechargeable batteries with charging LED indicator
- Rain resistant to JIS4 standard, dust and shock resistant
The Sangean TB-100 Toughbox is a compact, lightweight speaker made for use anywhere. The unit is water, dust and shock resistant and the speaker is water resistant as well. What makes it the best radio for a job site is its lightweight.
The Sangean can run on four C batteries – alkaline and rechargeable. Connecting the speaker to an AC supply charges the batteries. The display of the radio is an Amber backlit LCD.
There is an AUX-in connection for mp3, iPod or a CD player. The unit has an AM/FM radio with ten station presets available. The cord is made of rubber and is around 2.7 meters long and wraps around the back.
- The Sangean is lightweight, weighing only 6.9 pounds.
- The sound quality is very nice, even in a noisy setting you can focus on the song without being distracted.
- The batteries can be charged while the radio is plugged in.
- The radio will last the entire work day on battery.
- It’s a sound and affordable investment.
- The unit is water resistant, but submerging can render it useless.
- The radio receiver can give you a very hard time.
This radio is for anyone looking for a hassle free device, which doesn’t take up a lot of your time and lets you relax and enjoy.
- DUAL POWER SOURCES: You can use Ridgid 18V batteries (not included) or the included AC cord to power this radio
- RIDGID RADIO APP COMPATIBLE: Change the mix and tune the radio remotely through a Ridgid app you can download on your smartphone
- STORAGE: Keep your mp3 player or smartphone in the attached compartment. It has USB charging for maximum utility
What makes the Ridgid the best radio for the job site is its storage. Not for the songs but for your cell phone or mp3 with a built-in USB port. There is a storage compartment dedicated for this purpose. The radio supports USB charging, letting you charge your phone while listening to music.
The radio is weather resistant and runs on a Ridgid 18-volt battery and comes with an AC cord. The best part is that you can use the Ridgid app to stream music from your phone and control the radio.
The handle on top of the unit makes it easy to move around and with the buttons, right below the handle, it is easy to glance over the buttons and adjust the volume.
- The radio is loud enough for you to be in the other room and still hear it.
- The design of the radio is very intelligent; place the mp3 in the compartment and walk out the door while listening to your favorite track.
- Again the design makes it easy to move and store.
- Slightly pricier option
Fan of the boom box? Well here is the modern alternative with added durability. If you spend a lot of time moving about within or around the job site, the radio will remove the hassle of disconnecting a mp3 device and then reaching for a bag or your pocket to place it in.
- Compact Size For Improved Portability & Storage
- Up To 100ft Range
- Rubber Over mold & Feet
Dewalt DCR 006 speaker is truly portable. Measuring in at 10 x 6 x 11.9 inches it is small enough to carry in your backpack. There is both an Auxilary port and Bluetooth connectivity.
The DEWALT runs on 12 volt or 20-volt DEWALT battery packs and comes with a 12-volt power adapter as well. The battery isn’t included.
This speaker is the best for the job site due to its compact size and stable stance. The rubber coating on the mold and feet is where it gets its stability from. The speaker thrives in a relatively quiet environment and you won’t be able to hear it clearly near machinery. In other words, it’s the best radio for work.
- The DEWALT is the lightest speaker on the list weighing in at 2.8 pounds.
- The rubber coating makes it scuff resistant and durable – perfect for the garage.
- The speaker can run on batteries from your DEWALT tools.
- The Bluetooth range is perfect for use at home or at work.
- Sound quality on the DEWALT is not that impressive.
- Because of the lack of sound quality, it feels a bit pricey.
The DEWALT speakers are the best fit for the office. With the sound at just the right level and the speaker this compact, you won’t be leaving home without it.
- Two high quality speakers with an equalizer feature
- Bluetooth compatibility to stream music from any smart device
- AM/FM/AUX - 12 presets to save favorite radio stations, and AUX mode allows MP3 play
The Porter – Cable speaker is very simple and can resist job-site elements. The speaker comes enabled with Bluetooth, aux, and AM / FM. There is twelve channel presets and the radio runs on twenty volt Lithium ion batteries.
The Porter – Carter is small in size and has two speakers with an equalizer function. What makes it the best radio for the job site is its simplicity. The radio is very easy to use, straight forward and sturdy enough to be used outdoors.
- The radio is affordable
- It can handle noisy situations
- The small size of 12.4 x 6 x 5.6 inches make it easy to carry
- The radio has a decent battery life. It feels like the batteries should be able to last longer.
- The Bluetooth connection is ok at best, but the auxiliary function is satisfactory.
The radio is a good investment, enough sound to work in different conditions. It’s perfect if you are going to college.
- CHARGE YOUR DEVICES: Keep your phone tucked into the back of the radio and out of harm’s way. Smart phones can be kept in the special onboard compartment that’s loaded with a 2.1A USB charging port
- SHOCK ABSORBING END CAPS: This radio is built to last, with the rubberized end pieces able weather drops and other impacts regularly found on the jobsite
- DIGITAL AM / FM TUNER: You can have up to 10 presets stored on this radio at once, letting you and your crew keep your favorite stations stored for easy access
Probably the underdog on this list the Milwaukee is very easy to use and does what its designed for. The radio weighs around 11 pounds and measures at 15.8 x 7.7 x 7.8 inches. What makes it the best radio for the job site its ease of use.
Just looking at it will tell you how to use. There will be no searching around for ports and buttons. It’s so to the point that it starts looking mundane.
The radio can run on two AAA batteries and comes with an 18-volt adapter. There is no Bluetooth on this device sadly.
- The radio is reasonably priced and doesn’t feel like your going at a loss.
- The radio has superb reception.
- It’s straight to the point and off to work.
- The sound quality will have you swaying along to the tune.
- The batteries seem to run out too quickly.
- Even though it’s well suited for the job, the construction of it makes the radio feel brittle.
If you are looking for the least complicated device, this is the right choice. Along with ease of use the sound quality will have you smiling while listening to music on it.
Jobsite Radio Buying Guide:
Which are the loudest jobsite radios and what should be the battery life of these devices?
Most of the basic jobsite radios are capable enough to produce a loud sound that you can comfortably hear within a shop or a garage. However, if you are seeking the top performance of a loudest jobsite radio, then the most powerful ones are equipped with the sound that is loud enough to hear in a large outdoor area comfortably. As far as the battery life is concerned, you must consider that at times you might arrive at your workplace only to find that there is no power. In this situation, a jobsite radio that houses a powerful battery will be the handiest gadget for you. Most of the radios offer 8 hours straight power backup. You should look for the devices that have both electric and battery power options.
Do these jobsite radios come with a USB charging port?
The USB charging port is one of the most common features that you can find in almost all jobsite radios. With this USB port, you can play media on other devices as well as charge your radio. Nevertheless, most of the jobsite or construction radios can do the charging through USB port only if there is a wall outlet available as well. There are some other connectivity options also available if you want to invest a bit more.
Can I use my SD card in a construction radio?
Yes, you can use your SD cards in these construction radios. Bosch is the brand that is considered to deliver the best work radio that can also read and play media files from SD cards. Some of the top quality brands of this product are also incorporating Bluetooth technology as well. You can easily connect your smartphones with these radios and play all the media and enjoy the wireless benefits.
Yes, you must take into account this feature because it provides you with ease of using the product and you can comfortably use your device without making much effort. You should look for the dials and buttons made from rubber. Rubber makes dials and button to work smoother as compared to other materials. Always prefer to buy a device that is equipped with large buttons and knobs when it comes to jobsite radios. The large sized buttons allow you to use the controls even with your gloves on.
Can I use these radios in other places as well?
The only feature that you need to look for is how loud the radio can play the songs. Yes, job site radios are very versatile, and you can use them in various other places as well. You can take them to beaches as well as a picnic or even to camping trails without any hesitations at all. These radios are very multi purpose functionality, and you can take them anywhere you want.
Well, it depends on what you are looking for. Devices we have gone over in this article all have something different to offer. For rigorous use and complete reliability, the ION is the speaker of choice. Just to create a calm and relaxing ambiance anyone of these speakers can be chosen. If you move around through the day with your backpack on the DEWALT should be the speaker in your backpack. Drive around in an old car with a busted stereo go with either the Milwaukee or Porter. However, if you trust editor’s choice then go for Sangean.