You’re always going to have long days on the job – but that doesn’t mean you have to do it in uncomfortable work pants.
The best work pants for electricians are durable, comfortable, and have plenty of pockets for storage.
On the other hand, a lousy pair of electricians work pants is an uncomfortable mess – falling apart after just a few uses.
So to help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Work Pants For Electricians of 2020.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the best electricians work pants on the market. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Top 6 Best Work Pants For Electricians
- Buyers’ Guide
- Wrap up
Top 6 Best Work Pants For Electricians
|Carhartt Men's Ripstop Cargo Work Pant, Dark Coffee 28W x 30LL||CHECK PRICE|
|Dickies Men's Loose Fit Double Knee Twill Work Pant, Khaki, 46W x 30L||CHECK PRICE|
|Levi's Men's 505 Regular Fit Jeans, Timberwolf - Twill, 29W x 30L||CHECK PRICE|
|Carhartt Men's Original Fit Work Dungaree Pant (Regular and Big and Tall),...||CHECK PRICE|
|Carhartt Men's Rugged Cargo Pant Relaxed Fit,Dark Khaki,30W x 30L||CHECK PRICE|
|LEE Men's Dungarees Losse-Fit Carpenter Jean - 28W x 30L - Dark Indigo||CHECK PRICE|
- Sits at the waist
- Relaxed seat and thigh
- Cordura -lined front ledge pockets
Carhartt Men’s work pants are the most comfortable pairs of electrician work pants. These durable work pants are made of 100% cotton which makes them both comfortable resistant to wear and tears.
The exceptional fit makes it sit on the waist without falling off, and the cloth is machine wash safe. These work pants are built for tough jobs, with double-front and clean-out openings for knee pads.
This pair of pants has standard pants pockets along with having additional pockets with secure flip flaps that help in comfortably carrying your electrician’s tools. It also comes with a hammer loop, which is a nice touch.
Overall the Carhartt electricians’ work pants are a comfortable and durable pair of pants, and take our number one spot as the best work pants for electricians.
- Built for tough jobs with a double-front and clean-out openings for knee pads (perfect for electricians)
- 100% cotton
- Multiple Cordura-lined utility pockets include cargo flaps and snap closures to keep gear secure
- Left-leg hammer loop for tough workdays
- Additional pockets with flap make it easy to carry goods
- Extremely comfortable
- Comes in 3 different fits (Straight Traditional Fit, Relaxed Fit, Loose Original Fit)
- Not stretchable – so make sure to get the right size
Overall Carhartt Men’s pants take the top spot for our best electricians work pants. They’re comfortable, durable, have a bunch of pockets, and is very well priced. These are perfect if you’ve got a lot of electrician tools to carry around with you. Highly recommended.
- REINFORCED KNEES: These wrinkle & fade resistant cotton/poly twill blend pants feature an extra layer of fabric reinforcement at the knees so they don't wear thin & blow out. They're the perfect pant for kneeling, bending and getting in and out of trucks.
- STURDY FUNCTIONALITY: These pants feature a sturdy metal hook-&-eye waist closure, signature tunnel belt loops for extra support, side seam front pockets & back welt pockets for a flap-free contour, plus an easy-access multi-use pocket on the right leg
- QUALITY & COMFORT: Our pants are made with quality, comfort & value in mind. Our workwear products have distinctive designs with attention to detail on every garment, including easy care wrinkle resistant fabrics, roomy pockets & sturdy zippers & buttons
Dickies Men’s work pants are one of the best work pants for electricians. You can find black work pants for men in this product, or you can choose the color of your choice (in a variety of greys as well as khaki, black, and even dark green). They are made of a mixture of cotton and polyester and are safe to be washed in the machine.
This pair is also made to resist many stains and is wrinkle-free. The design is a straight fit and with a center crease and it sits at the waist with ease. One of the best features of this product is the additional pockets on the leg.
The roomy design is for angling your legs as you like without ruining the pants. For a pair of pants so versatile, the price is very reasonable. The reinforced knee panels that will keep you comfortable when you’re kneeling or doing work close to the ground.
Overall these are an excellent pair of electricians work pants – highly recommended for those happy to spend a bit extra for premium quality.
- Machine washable
- These wrinkle & fade resistant cotton/poly twill blend pants feature an extra layer of fabric reinforcement at the knees so they don’t wear thin & blow out. They’re the perfect pant for kneeling, bending and getting in and out of vehicles.
- Stain-resistant technology helps prevent stubborn stains
- The roomy design makes it easy to to get in and out of without tearing them apart
- Additional pocket in the legs can be used for carrying extra tools
- Centre crease enhances the style while wrinkle-free allows a presentable look every time
- Slightly pricer than other options
Overall Dickies Men’s pants take the top spot for our premium electricians work pants. They’re comfortable, durable, have a bunch of pockets. Although slightly higher priced, they’re highly recommended for those who want to spend a bit extra.
- ORIGINAL LEVI'S JEANS: For over 150 years, Levi's has created products for those who value craftsmanship, quality, utility and style
- LEVI'S 505: These jeans feature a classic straight leg styling with a modern crop with the original zip fly and 5 Pocket Styling
- SIZE & FIT: The 505 Regular jeans sits at the waist with a straight leg opening and extra room in the thigh for a comfortable fit
Levi’s is a leading brand name in pants and jeans. This regular-looking pair of jeans serves to be an excellent pair of electricians’ work pants for those who like to wear jeans to work. They are comfortable and made out of 100% cotton which makes them great for daily use.
The material of the pants is not affected by the machine wash and dry, and they can be easily cleaned. With a comfortable and durable zipper closure, they give the perfect final touch to your look. The fit style of these pants is a regular fit, and five pockets allow the electrician to carry their items with ease.
The pair is designed to be anti-shrink even after several washes. They’re very well priced and are the perfect set of electricians work pants for those who prefer wearing jeans to work. Highly recommended for those on a budget.
- 100% cotton – extremely comfortable
- Stretchable yet durable material
- Excellent price – great value for the money
- Five pockets are for easy carrying
- Slim fit (if that’s what you’re into)
- They are not wrinkle-resistant
- Slim fit (if that’s not what you’re into)
Although not your standard set of electricians work pants, this pair of jeans from Levis are perfect for those who love to wear jeans at work. They’re durable, comfortable, and are an absolute bargain. Highly recommended for electricians on a budget (or who want to wear jeans at work).
- Mid-weight, 11.75 ounce, 100% cotton washed denim
- Sits slightly above the waist
- Full / Loose seat and thigh
The Carhartt men’s denim work dungaree is a custom design and one of the best work pants for electricians along with being one of the best construction pants overall. They come in some colors and are denim.
With 100% cotton, they leave no compromise on comfort and are easily washable in the machine. These dungarees have additional utility pockets along with a hammer loop. The leg openings are also broader to fit over bulky boots.
This pair of pants offers room so that they are not tight on the thighs and the legs while bending or kneeling. The company also offers several different colors. The suggested price is merely affordable for everyone.
- The material is 100% cotton and is easy to wash in the machine
- Utility pockets are there including a hammer loop for easy carrying
- The pants are roomy to fit without tearing
- There are many different colors to select
- These pants are a very light material
- They tend to loosen from the waist easily
The design of this pair of pants is perfect for workers like electricians or constructors. They are affordable and comfortable. However, the light material makes them a conflicted couple.
- Relaxed-fit pant sits slightly below waist and features slanted hand pockets, cargo leg pocket, and flap back pockets
- Cargo pocket includes cell phone and pen storage
The Carhartt Men’s Rugged Cargo pants are listed as one of the best work pants for electricians because of the many features that the product holds. These pants are made of 100% cotton and are very comfortable.
They come in several colors and designs so that you can maintain your work attire along with looking stylish. The design is to be straight legs that are wide from the opening so that there is no hindrance over the boots.
There many hand pockets, leg pockets, and back pockets with flaps that help the workers carry their utilities around. These electricians’ work pants have separate pockets for cell phones and pens. The stylish work pants are affordable in price and comfortable in design.
- There are several colors and designs to choose from, which helps in making you look more stylish
- The leg openings are wide which allows in wearing over heavy boots with comfort
- There are many different pockets including separate ones for cell phones and pens
- These pants can be easily washed in the washing machine
- The pant style is straight, and they might cause a nuisance while bending and angling legs
- They are a tight fit at the waist and are worn below
These pants are highly affordable and are loved by the electricians that use them. They are low in price and high in features. For a more stylish look at work, you can get enjoy them.
- LOOSE FIT. Designed with a loose fit through the seat and thigh, these carpenter pants sit just below the natural waist. Made with room to move, these work jeans equip for the day ahead.
- UTILITY STYLING. This jean features five pockets and an extra side pocket and a hammer loop for improved functionality and convenience.
- GET TO WORK. Designed to withstand the grind, this Poly blend jean resists abrasions, wrinkles and stretching. Lightweight and quick-drying, these jeans are strong and durable enough to handle daily wear and tear in the shop, on the ranch or the job site.
The Lee Men’s dungarees are primarily designed for workers like electricians and carpenters. They come in a variety of different colors to choose from. Each color has a different material that goes with the style.
These jeans are easy to wash in the machine without losing the softness of the fabric and the color. The content of the jeans is made to be free of wrinkles, stretching, and wearing out. They are easy to dry and are light to wear yet strong and durable.
This pair of work pants have five standard pockets to carry tools along with one loop for a hammer. You can quickly work in them without worrying about wearing them out while on the job site.
Furthermore, you can find various fits as well in these pants. At an affordable price, these jeans are fit for everyone.
- Five pockets and one loop for fitting the hammer
- Wrinkle-free jeans and made to wear on job site without being worn out
- Lightweight makes them comfortable without losing the durability
- Easy to wash in the machine and fabric fired quickly
- The lack of stretching makes it tighter while working around
- The structure seems to lose its strength after a couple of washes
For the demanded price, these pants are perfect for electricians and carpenters. They may not be ideal, but for a low price, you can find them to be very useful.
To buy the best work pants for electricians, you will have to research the market and understand the factors and take note of the specifications before opting for a pair. The following guide will help you in buying electricians’ work trousers.
1. What Material Is The Best?
The first and foremost thing to check is the material that you want to wear. Rule out all the elements that you have an allergic reaction to first and then pick the right one. The following are a few fabrics that you will find.
- 100% cotton: Pure cotton is the best material for pants for electricians. They are machine wash safe and are stretchable. They are usually the most durable and comfortable
- Polyester + Cotton: The polyester touch is given to make the material a little handier. The material becomes softer, but it may start to develop holes pretty soon. The mixture further tends to shrink too.
- Denim/Jeans: Denim tends to get more comfortable as you wash them. They are the most durable and can be useful for working in rough areas.
2. What Kind Of Fit Should I Get?
Basic pants are different in style or fits. These fit to determine the comfort level along with helping in working. The relaxed fit makes the best work pants for electricians since they are roomy and can fit over heavy boots.
3. Do I Need Extra Pockets?
The best work pants for electricians will always have more pockets than usual to carry the tools. In most cases, you will also find a loop for hammers. Hence, it is a smart idea to get jeans with more pockets.
4. Importance Of Being Stain Resistant
It is crucial for the pants to have the quality of not holding on to any stains. Your work will cause a few marks every once in a while, and you will need to remove them. A material that captures the dye will make for the least durable pants.
5. What Color Should I Get?
The smart option is to get a dark color like dark blue or deep indigo. Darker colors help hide stains that you get throughout the day and keep your look as presentable as possible.
Taking a look at the guide and all the products, we find our winner to be Levi’s regular fit jeans as the best work pants for electricians. The reason is the material reliability, the many pockets, the dark color, and the smooth washing system. The company is also well-known which makes it a safe buy.