Your garage should be a place for you to zone out and relax. Not get frustrated at your poorly lit, flickering garage light.
A good LED garage light isn’t very expensive – especially when you consider the price over the lifetime of the light. Cheap made-in-china LED garage lights aren’t actually well-priced when you consider that they’ll likely break in a few months.
The best LED garage lights should be bright, have a great energy star rating, and be durable enough to last at least 10 years.
To save you time in your search – we’ve reviewed the Top 4 LED Garage Lights of 2020. Buy with the confidence that you’re not wasting your money on a something that’s going to be flickering on you within the next few months. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
- Best LED Garage Lights
- Buying guide:
Best LED Garage Lights
Preview Product Key Features
Linkable LED Utility Shop Light 4ft 4800 Lumens Super Bright 40W 5000K...
Lithonia Lighting FMLWL 48-Inch 840 Contractor Select 4-Foot Flushmount LED...
Hyperikon 4 Foot LED Shop Light, 100 Watt Replacement (35W), Shop and...
4Ft Led Light Fixture 36W Vapor Proof Led Light Commercial Lights 2700lm...
- High brightness, release a 4800 lumens output at 40 Watt, a stunning luminous efficacy of 120lm/W, effectively reduce the amount on your annual electric bill. 5000K natural white light offers the best lighting experience for task and general area lighting
- Commercial grade integrated double ceiling light fixture lasts up to 22.8 years based on 3 hrs/day, robust aluminum ,thermoplastic and impact-resistant lens construction enhances durability. 5 years warranty provided. Maintenance-free. Excellent replacement of conventional fluorescent fixture
- Ultra light weight design and included hardware kit provide hassle-free installation and easy daisy chain for your convenience. Suspended mounting and flush mounting are both available
Linkable lights have always created a hype in the market as they can link easily and there is hardly any difficulty in handling them. These garage lights have high brightness and come along with 5000k of natural light. It effectively reduces the electricity bills and releases 4800 lumens output at 40 watts. Built-in bulbs come along with a 44” power cord which is chrome- finished and ran easily on 100-240 VAC or 50/60 Hz.
Some lights produce less brightness at lower temperatures, but these lights are full of light and give no flickers or dull light even at -4F temperature. Performance and safety wise these have been certified, and you will not face any problems. These lights are the most expensive garage lights in the ones mentioned. So, maybe that becomes a drawback but always look on the bright side and see that it is all worth the price, most of all that it is linkable.
- LED lights are double ceiling fixtures which can last up to 22.8 years.
- The lens of these lights is impact-resistance.
- The design is unique and ultra-light in weight.
- Safe and brightly working at low temperatures.
- The power cord comes with a dual prong plug.
- Installing process may seem easy, but a lot of nuts and screws needed handy before you mount them.
When you see the high price, then you also want the product to be outstanding. Well for sure this item is worth the buy as it is frost protected and you will have no difficulty in any weather. The brightness level is suitable to work out in any garage.
- Super Bright Lights - total of 2900 Lumens
- Reduces Re-lamp frequence: LEDS maintain 70% of ouput for at least 50,000 hours (17 years with 8 hours/day 365 days/year)
- Saves Money - LEDs are Energy Star Rated to save money on electricity bills and possible rebates
If you want to brighten your garage or any of your workplace then having an LED is a must for you. With these lights, you can lighten up your garage; these are 4k LED lights that save the energy and give you light brighter than ever. LED lightening provides 2,304 lumens and 4000k of bright white light which is smooth and doesn’t hurt your eyes.
Lithonia lights have been designed to give away light for at least 50,000 hours in their entire lifetime, that is approximately equal to 23 years. The company also promises to give environmental benefits, and there is no disturbance throughout the lifespan.
These lights can be mounted vertically as well as horizontally, so no restrictions in the way you need them hanged. Keeping all this in mind the price of these led garage lights is slightly high, they are worth the price but still may become out of budget for some customers.
- The product can be installed anywhere with a lot of ease, so you do not have to worry about installations.
- Plastic case over the top keeps them safe and long-lasting.
- It is made up of a sturdy material.
- There is a universal mounting plate which is compatible with most of the junction boxes.
- A limited range of rotational movements which sometimes cause problems while installing for the first time.
- It is pricey.
If you look at the whole picture, then the price of this product is justified as it produces 26 years of supply of lightning. Another plus point is that it can be mounted universally on any of the junction boxes. So, not a bad purchase after all.
- REPLACE OLD FLOURESCENTS- Lower your monthly electric bill by switching your 100W flourescent fixture with our 35W shop light! With an astonishing life rating of 45,000 hours replacing your garage lights is now a thing of the past.
- SUPER BRIGHT - Bring your garage or work bench the best lighting possible with an incredible minimum of 108lm/watt. Illuminate large areas, garages, barns, storage rooms, warehouses, and workshops with this utility shop light.
- PATENTED DURABILITY - Hyperselect shop lamps are built to last with patented product design issued by U.S Design patent
Hyperselect presents one of the best-LED lights for garage workshops. Just simply replace your old fluorescent lights with these new 35W led lights. They will give you lights which are worth the see in your garage. Life rating of the item is more than 45,000 hours that means you can easily install them and then have no worries for a very long time. Your garage or workplace will be highly brightened as these lights have at least a minimum of 1081m/watt.
It provides you with 4000K daylight glow, so if you need to work on some important and minor things in your garage, then you do not have to worry about the time of the day. Keep your workplaces functioning at night place as well. Comes along with various options for mounting, so you have a wider choice. The price of this product is nominal, and you don’t have to pay much, what matters the most is that it fulfills the desires within this money range.
- There are different ways in which you can use this led lights. You can either hang it or even mount it by fixing it on the wall.
- Hyperselect comes along with 5000k of crystal white glow.
- The product can be easily mounted the other way around, so it is useful for providing diffuse lighting by illuminating the ceiling.
- Lightest in weight among all other LED’s.
- These lights are not as such linkable so some people might have issues with that.
By far the lightest led light among all is this one. So, if for you weight is of major importance, then you can buy these lights. The extra crystal glow is a new feature and makes these lights one of the best products as well.
- UP to 75% ENERGY SAVING – ASD 4FT 36W vapor tight light at 5000K daylight delivers 2700 lumen output, which makes the perfect replacement for traditional 2 lamp T8 17W fluorescent vapor tight fixture and cuts down your electric bill up to 75% instantly
- WIDE APPLICATION - This waterproof light has a lifespan 25,000 hours based on average use, so it does not have to replace as often as incandescent lights or strips, which only last between 1,000 and 2,000 hours on average. If you are going to be using this canopy light outdoors, you are going to want it to work in a wide range of temperatures, temperatures rated for -4°F (-20°C) to 104°F (40°C)
- WET LOCATION RATED - LED Vapor tight fixture is designed to be waterproof, dust-proof, and impact resistant, which is ideal for areas with dust, dirt, humidity and harsh temperature, such as parking Garages, Carport, Cold Freezer, Stairwells, Tunnel, Food Processing Facilities, Car wash, Patio, Barns, garden centers, outdoor venues, canopies and locker rooms, replacing fluorescent versions
LLT company is highly known for selling one of the best garage lightening lights. They are very much good in quality which is vapor proof. The material they are made out from is hard, and they are not easily breakable. Their best feature is that they are also suitable for wet locations so if your garage consists of anything related to water then these lights are for you.
They have 30,000-hour lifetime and can provide 36W and brightness of 2700 lm. Also, 5000k crystal brightness used when you are working in the daytime, and more brightness is required. There is no bulb inside, and it is a complete lightening fixture with zero maintenance needed.
LLT product is the cheapest one in all items, they are good in quality and provide the same amount of brightness as other items. It is definitely worth the price.
- The product comes along with the mounting brackets, so there is no difficulty to purchase them separately.
- The power cord supplied if needed.
- It has resistance at low and high temperatures.
- Vapour proof tube light with the hardwired fixture, to avoid any water getting into
- As it is vapor free and comes along with a hard case which is frost free as well, that case might block out some of the brightness.
- Light capacity may not travel far.
If you are looking for a cheap priced LED light, then this is the one for you. It is vapor free as well so it is worth its price. Easy installation and no hassle at all.
Are color tones important to keep in mind?
The color tones of every light are different. It depends on the company and the amount of brightness resistance levels they have added. Some lights are known to be very bright others have a crystal brightness. The difference is important because you need to see whether you will be using your garage at daytime or night. If you are more of a day worker as most people are, then you can look for LED which has at least 5000k crystal daylight with a bright light. Dim and lighter color tones are better to use for night times.
Which one is better, horizontal or vertical mounted?
The answer to this quite simple, if you don’t know the main purpose of why you are buying the LED’s for then for sure, this doesn’t matter to you. But horizontally mounted lights are always better as they give direct lightning to the things in the workshop. If you need vertically mounted lights, then you can narrow down your search to it.
Linkable LED’s provide you ease as they are easily linked with one another, and you don’t have to hassle much to hang every light individually. Again, it is dependent on your own needs. If you have a big garage and want to hang some lights, then it is always better to buy linkable because they will take less place and will provide more light.
How much of life is known to be enough for a long run?
A lifetime of all LED’s is different. The more you pay, the more of a lifespan you get because obviously, it depends upon, the better quality. You should at least buy the garage lights which have 20+ years of lifespan. A garage is a place where lights are to be stayed on for longer hours, therefore, keep this aspect in your mind and make a rational decision.
Are power corded lights better than battery operated ones?
Power corded lights are in some sense better than battery operated ones. As the battery is to be replaced very often and is an additional price to pay. So, it is better to buy the lights with power so you can add up this amount to the electricity bill instead of changing batteries very often.
After going through the whole article, we are sure you have carefully seen that the best garage lightening is none other than Hyperikon LED Utility Shop Light. This light provides you with a light that is used for day and night; the brightness level is quite high. Instant saving of electricity is a great plus point. Among all the mentioned products, specifically in this one, you do not need to spend any money on fixtures as for five whole years if any problem occurs the company will replace it.