Are you tired of running your air conditioner day and night in the summers? Are you fed-up of your soaring electricity bills or concerned about developing allergies from stale, shut-in, non-ventilated air?
We have got a question for you; have you considered lately about buying a whole house fan? If not then you should.
Here comes the best part, it doesn’t consume much energy, especially if you compare it with one of your air conditioners. As per the information shared by US Department of Energy, this fan is an inexpensive and simple way to cool your house down in those heat waves.
For this reason, we have developed a list of best whole house fan reviews. These attic fan reviews will guide in buying the best product this summer at a very affordable price and forget about those back-breaking bills that you have been paying for a long time now.
|Name||CFM Rating||Area Covered||Motor Capacity||Price|
|Cool Attic Power Gable Ventilator Fan||1300 CFM||1850 sq. ft||115V, 3.4Amp||$$|
|Broan Gable Mount Attic Ventilator||1600 CFM||2280 sq. ft||120V, 3.9Amp||$$$|
|iLIVING Wall-Mounted Shutter Exhaust Fan ||800 CFM||1000 sq. ft||120V, 0.55Amp||$$|
|Air Vent Gable Attic Ventilator Fan||1050 CFM||1500 sq. ft||120V, 3.2Amp||$|
|Solar Attic Fan Florida Rated||1628 CFM||2625 sq. ft||N/A||$$|
|Eco-Worthy Solar Powered Attic Fan||1080 CFM||600 sq. ft||N/A||$$$|
- 1. Cool Attic Power Gable Ventilator Fan
- 2. Broan Gable Mount Attic Ventilator
- 3. iLIVING Wall-Mounted Shutter Attic Exhaust Fan
- 4. Air Vent Gable Attic Ventilator Fan
- 5. Solar Attic Fan Florida Rated
- 6. Eco-Worthy Solar Powered Attic Fan
- Buying Guide
- Should I Look For a Solar-Powered Whole House Fan or An Electric One?
- Is There Any Difference Between a Whole House Fan and an Attic Fan?
- How Should I Opt for The Best Whole House Fan for My Home?
- Does Size of The Fan Have Anything to Do With Its Performance?
- What’s The Best Way to Use a Whole House Fan?
The CX1500UPS Power Gable Ventilator Fan from Cool Attic is the best whole house fan that you can buy online. It provides an excellent value for money and comes with many features that are hard to find in this price range. It is capable of cooling down attics of up to 1850 square feet in area. The fan is powered by 115V, 3.4amp, 60Hz motor that is thermally protected.
The fan came with a rating of 1300 CFM when it used with an automatic shutter of model CX2121. With this model, its static pressure turns out to be 0.03. The size of this fan is 14-inch, and it has 600 square inch intake. The CX1500UPS has an adjustable thermostat which is equipped with built-in features. The dimensions of the fan are 15-inch x 155-inch with the depth of 7-inch, and it weighs around 12 pounds.
- It is the best whole house fan that cools down attics of 1850 square feet in area
- A thermally protected motor powers the fan
- It has 1300 CFM rating with 0.03 static pressure
- CX1500UPS has 600 square-inch intake while the size of the fan itself is 14-inch
- The fan is a bit loud
- It is slightly tricky to install
CX1500UPS by Cool Attic is the best whole house fan that you can buy at this price range. It has a very powerful motor, and the fan also covers large areas as well.
The Gable Mount Attic Ventilator from Broan runs on 120V, 3.9amp motor. The fan has a powerful throw and can cover a range of 2280 square feet. It has a rating 1600 CFM and gives a superior quality performance. If you are willing to spend this much, then Broan’s Gable Mount is the best whole house fan for covering larger spaces.
You can install it inside your attic and forget about the heat of your summers. It is made of galvanized steel housing to provide additional strength to the fan for long-term use. The fan comes with mounting brackets for you to install it quickly. The diameter of the steel blade is 14-inch, and it is made to deliver maximum air in your room.
The fan can operate automatically. It also incorporates an adjustable thermostat that is built-in along with the motor that is thermally protected and permanently lubricated. The dimensions of this fan 15-inch x 15-inch x 8-inch and it weighs slight over 12 pounds.
- The fan is powered by 3.9amp, 120V thermally protected motor
- The rating of this fan is 1600 CFM
- It can cover the area up to 2280 square feet
- The fan is made of galvanized steel for long-lasting performance.
- It can operate automatically.
- The fan blades have a diameter of 14-inch
- It is an expensive whole house fan
- It is deafening and vibrates a lot
- The fan is not designed for frequent use.
Broan’s Cable Mount is an expensive product, but it does offer an exceptional performance as well. The powerful motor enables the fan to cover a wide area and cools it down instantly.
The Wall Mounted Shutter Attic Exhaust Fan from iLIVING has a 12-inch fan fitted in it. You can vary the fan speed, and the shutters are automatic. The fan has listed the product in UL, and it comes with the permanently lubricated motor as well.
The fan is resistive to corrosion, and it boasts wire guards that are compliant with OSHA standards. You can change the fan speed with the help of ILG8SFSC speed controller which you need to buy separately. The fan is operated by a 120V, 0.55amp motor. The rating of this fan is 800 CFM, and it comes in different sizes ranging from 10-inch to 36-inch.
The 30-inch and 36-inch variants are only available in single speed. The dimensions of this fan are 15-inch x 15-inch x 5.8-inch, and it weighs nearly 10 pounds. The fan comes fully assembled, and you don’t have to spend time joining each of the components.
- The Wall-Mounted Exhaust Fan from iLIVING has automatic shutters
- It comes in different sizes ranging from 10-inch to 36-inch
- 120V, 0.55amp motor powers it.
- It has a rating of 800CFM
- It does not have a strong motor
- The 30-inch and 36-inch fans are single speed variants
If you are not willing to spend much on your whole house fan, then this is the product that you should buy. It emphasizes on safety and comes in different sizes to meet your requirements.
The Gable Attic Ventilator from Air Vent has a rating of 1050 CFM, and it is equipped with a 180W, 3.2amp motor. The 14-inch blade of the fan is enough to cover the area of 150 square feet. The fan comes with a two-year warranty to cover any issues in craftsmanship, and it is effortless to install.
The fan is built to last long and provide you with high-quality performance. It weighs over 8 pounds, and the dimensions are 19-inch x 19-inch x 8-inch. The fan doesn’t come with a plug and has a thermostat instead that is covered in a metal box.
This metal box has a break-open hole where you can insert a screw nut type electrical wire which is similar to a fuse box. The fan offers you excellent value for your money because it provides superior functionality at a budget price.
- 2amp motor powers the Gable Attic Fan
- It has a rating of 1050 CFM
- The blade of the fan is 14-inch in diameter
- The fan can cover the area of up to 1500 square feet
- It is not an expensive product
- The fan comes with two years warranty
- It is extremely noisy
- It also vibrated a lot
It offers excellent value for money and delivery an exceptional performance. The product is very durable, and it is worth your money.
The Solar Attic Fan by Natural Light comes with a whopping 25 years warranty against materials and craftsmanship issues. The guarantee of this fan is industry leading, and it covers the entire unit. It is made of the highest quality material that you won’t find in any other fan.
This fan surely deserves to be on our list of best whole house fans. You can install the fan without any wring because it is solar powered. However, if you prefer a thermostat, then you can use that option as well. You can use the option of thermostat if you live in colder climates. You will have to buy the thermostat separately.
Your buying package will include all the stuff that you need to setup your fan straight away. The dimensions of this fan are 27.2-inch x 27.2-inch x 11.5-inch, and the weight of the fan is 30 pounds. It is a massive unit due to the solar panel.
- The solar attic fan comes with a jaw-dropping 25-years warranty
- The fan is also made of superior quality materials
- Due to the solar panel, it doesn’t require any wiring
- You can even buy an option snap-on thermostat if you live in cold climate
- It can cover an area of up to 2625 square feet
- It is expensive
- The fan is very bulky
- The solar panel is very sensitive
It is an excellent product that does not run on electricity. Just use a solar panel to charge the fan and you all done. Say goodbye to those hefty electricity bills this summer.
It is another budget-friendly product on our list of best whole house fans. This solar powered attic fan from Eco-Worthy has a stylish design if you prefer the looks of you fan when buying. The fan is fully operational through solar energy and doesn’t use electricity to run.
Make sure that you avoid building up the heat in your room which the fan is ventilating and also ensure that you prevent this place from mildew, mold or dampness. The fan has a straightforward installation because it does not require any wiring. The Solar Powered Attic Fan comes with one year warranty to protect you from any material or workmanship issues.
You can also fix this fan on the glass surface. The dimensions of this fan are 10.8-inch x 10.4-inch x 5.7-inch while the fan weighs less than 6 pounds. It can cover 600 square feet of area and gas 1080 CFM rating.
- The fan is entirely automatic and operates on solar energy
- It has straightforward installation and does not require any wiring
- It comes with one year warranty against any issues of materials and workmanship
- You can also install it on glass surfaces
- Does not work well if too much heat builds up in the room that it ventilates
- The throw of the fan is very weak
The budget-friendly fan is solar powered, and it does keep you safe from those hefty bills. It offers quick installation and covers a good area too which makes it the best attic fan in this price range.
Should I Look For a Solar-Powered Whole House Fan or An Electric One?
If you live in a sunny area or warmer climate, then you should look to buy a solar-powered whole house fan. If your area doesn’t experience any power outages, then you should go for the electric fan. Usually, the electrically powered fans are preferred because they have a powerful motor.
Is There Any Difference Between a Whole House Fan and an Attic Fan?
The whole house fan sucks the hot air out of your room and forces it into the attic and then brings in the cold air from the outside through the vents. On the other hand, attic fans can minimize temperatures by 10-degrees. You can improve your roof life by keeping the shingles cool and install an additional humidistat and keep the attics dry in winter seasons.
How Should I Opt for The Best Whole House Fan for My Home?
Always prefer to buy a quieter fan that is equipped with high-quality shutters and also comes with timer control settings. You can even make a purchase based on more straightforward installation methods as well. For instance, solar attic fans don’t need any installation at all.
Does Size of The Fan Have Anything to Do With Its Performance?
Yes, larger fans do great work because they can cover broader areas. If they run on lower speed and they will work wonders. You can also look for a more substantial unit because it won’t make much noise.
What’s The Best Way to Use a Whole House Fan?
Before turning your whole house fan, make sure that you have shut off your air conditioner. Plus, you need to ensure that all doors and windows are open and keep in mind that you have to put off the fire in your fireplace as well.
The Power Gable Ventilator Fan from Cool Attic is the best whole house fan because it offers exceptional functionality at a very affordable price. It is the best attic fan that will serve you for many summers. Its installation is straightforward, and it covers a good amount of area in your attic as well. With CFM rating of 1300, we highly recommend it for this summer.