Working with a quality pair of leather gloves feels fantastic.
A good pair of leather gloves will protect your hands, keep them comfortable throughout the day, are easy to take on and off, and are durable enough to last for many years.
On the other hand, a poorly-made pair of leather gloves is way too loose around the wrist, and often breaks within 6 months of purchase.
So to help make sure you’re buying a quality pair of gloves – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Leather Work Gloves of 2019.
Buy with the confidence that you’re spending your money on one of the best leather work gloves on the market.
Let’s dive right into the reviews.
Best Leather Work Gloves
|Journeyman Leather Utility Gloves, Large Klein Tools 40227||$22.50||Buy on Amazon|
|American Made Buffalo Leather Work Gloves , 650, Size: Large||$31.29||Buy on Amazon|
|Carhartt Men's Leather Fencer Work Glove, Brown, Small||$17.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Husqvarna 531300275 Xtreme Duty Work Gloves, X-Large||$22.99||Buy on Amazon|
|John Deere JD00004 M Split Cowhide Leather Gloves, Medium, Tan (1 pair)||$13.67||Buy on Amazon|
|Mechanix Wear - Leather Original Gloves (Large, Brown/Black)||$29.99||Buy on Amazon|
Klein Tools Leather Utility Gloves
- Durable and comfortable
- Open cuff for quick on/off
- Durahide palm and leather first fingers for durability
A heavy duty pair of gloves, these gloves by Klein Tool are what you want to wear to make your daily chores more comfortable. They have a very durable material and are 100% pure leather.
These gloves have open cuffs for an easy on and off. They have DuraHide palms and leather on the first fingers this adds to their durability.
You can always stretch them back for an extra comfort and flexibility. These gloves are great for your metal related tasks, welding, repairing and many other projects. They are available in brown which gives a good leathery look. The one large size fits snugly on your hands. These gloves give you the maximum grip that you want.
Klein have shown that they can make a pair of gloves that are not only one of the best electrical gloves on the market – but are a quality pair of gloves no matter what type of work you’re doing. Highly recommend.
- Give a very good grip
- Thin enough to work on small tasks
- Heavy duty and easily washable
- Use premium leather material
- Reasonably thick on fingers
- Great price
- Leather on the palms isn’t as thick as we’d like
These gloves by Klein are an awesome choice for you. They have a high-quality leather material and a great durability. With a heavy duty feature, they give you a snug fit.
Midwest Gloves & Gear’s Leather Work Gloves
- 100% Leather Work Gloves Made in the USA from Genuine American Bison (Buffalo).
- Work gloves are gathered at the wrists by sheared elastic with a hemmed cuff for a good fit and to keep the dirt out.
- The inset or keystone thumb and hemmed cuff means these gloves will be the most comfortable pair of leather work gloves you own.
Protect your hands with a comfortable pair of hand gloves. Midwest Gloves and Gear have hand gloves that are 100% leather. Manufactured in the USA, they maintain their durability for a long period of time.
They are Genuine American Bison. These gloves provide you a great fit for your hands. They are gathered around the wrists with a hemmed cuff to make sure that the dirt is out of them.
The gloves’ material is very soft. It has a keystone thumb. This with the hemmed cuffs makes it very comfortable to wear. There is no lining in these gloves. This feature increases your movement capability as you wear them. Also, the company offers various sizes suitable for both men and women. So, grab one pair for yourself.
- Heavyweight and great for rancher use.
- A double seam on the fingers which increases grip.
- A beautiful brown color.
- The fit of the gloves is well designed.
- An excellent
- May run large for some.
- Stitching comes apart.
These gloves by Midwest are great to wear for your daily chores. They keep your hands in a comfortable position. The quality is great which makes them one of the best leather work gloves.
Carhartt Men’s Leather Gloves
- Suede cowhide
- Wrap-around palm and thumb patch
- Vented cuff
Another great leather work glove is made by Carhartt. These gloves come in brown which looks good as you work. They are 100% leather and keep you comfortable on your job site.
It is made of tough full suede cowhide leather. They have reinforced palm patches. This makes you able to handle thing with more grip. They have a secure fit, but also they are easy to take on and off.
These gloves are available in various sizes. From S to XXL, you can choose the best fit. There are thumb patches too, which add to its protection and durability. They have a double elastic cuff. So, this also makes them secure to wear.
- Easy to wash in lukewarm water
- Great for metal working as extra leather is in just the right places
- The gloves use high-quality leather
- An excellent price
- A good fit
- Some fingers need to have patching
A great pair of gloves by Carhartt. These gloves will make sure that you are comfortable as you work. They are a worth buying a pair for their amazing price.
John Deere Leather Work Gloves
- Heavy-duty Gloves: split cowhide gloves are designed to ensure maximum safety. These gloves can be used in recreational activities, abrasive work environment including manufacturing, construction, metal handling, landscaping, and general maintenance
- Leather Gloves: manufactured using premium quality leather, the work safety gloves have reinforced PU thumb saddle for extra protection. Premium split leather material construction offers comfort and durability
- Flexible Fit: hand protection gloves feature a keystone thumb that provides immense flexibility. The tractor-tread saddle along with the shirred elastic wrist ensures snug fit with tight grip for uninterrupted mobility
One of the best leather work gloves out there. John Deere gloves include comfortable cowhide leather material. This is a premium quality material which makes them very durable.
These gloves are ideal for outdoor chores, landscaping, and general maintenance. They have keystone thumbs that add to their flexibility. It also helps you to handle things with more grip.
John Deere gloves have shirred elastic wrists. This gives you a snug fit. Also, these gloves have reinforced thumb saddles. This gives extra protection when working on harsh jobs. These gloves are available in medium, large and extra-large sizes. Available in mustard brown color, they look professional as you work.
- Name and logo of the company are stitched on the gloves
- Have a long life and are very durable
- The elastic wrists fit on any hand
- Patching around the finger and thumb makes them more comfortable
- Have excellent stitching
- There should be more sizing variety
A great pair of gloves for your job or yard work. These gloves are made of pretty sturdy leather and fit snugly on your hands. Grab one at their amazing price.
Mechanix Wear Leather Gloves
- Flexible TPR closure provides a secure fit to the wrist
- Form-fitting TrekDry keeps your hands cool and comfortable while you work
- Pinched fingertip construction improves fingertip strength
One of the best leather work gloves. These are great gloves for construction or any other work projects. These gloves have genuine leather. With the rugged DuraHide leather, they are trustworthy pair of leather gloves. These leather gloves have TPR closure, giving you a snug fit. With a secure fit, you can focus on your work without any need to put them on again and again. The form-fitting TrekDry keeps your hand cool and comfortable for a long time.
What’s more, these gloves have pinched fingertip construction. This quality increases the fingertip strength and gives you more grip. The DuraHide leather has extreme abrasion resistance. So, these can withstand extreme conditions.
Not only this, these gloves are machine washable, you just need to put detergent in the warm water. Also, you can dry them in the open air afterward.
- Thermoplastic rubber protects your hands completely
- TrekDry keeps your hands breathable
- Palm padding with further comfort
- Sturdy material
- Seam becomes loose sometimes
These gloves are the best leather gloves, especially for construction purposes. They ultimately protect your palms and hands. Also, they are available for an awesome price.
Husqvarna Xtreme Duty Work Gloves
- Heavy duty pig skin
- Double reinforced split grain leather palm, thumb and index finger
- Gunn cut with shirred elastic back
Presenting you another pair of the best leather work gloves. These gloves include heavy-duty pig skin. They are more durable and inexpensive. These heavy-duty gloves have reinforced split grain leather palms, adding to its grip and comfort. Also, they have split grain leather on fingers and thumb. This lets you handle the thing with a more grip. These gloves are going to give you the best fit.
What’s more, these gloves have Gunn cut with a shirred elastic back that gives you a snug fit as you wear them. So, these gloves fit on any hand. They have all the reinforcements where it is needed the most. They are one of the toughest pairs of gloves you will have.
- Best leather work gloves
- Long life
- The Gunn cut with elastic gives a secure feel
- Ideal for daily tasks
- More sizes should be available
An extremely heavy duty and an excellent pair of hand gloves. These gloves are a great fit for the price. They will give you the snug fit that you want.
The wide variety of choices in the gloves will always confuse you. So, that is why we have made a buying guide in the form of questions here. This will let you pick the best leather work glove for you.
Q1. What are the different types of leather for gloves?
Gloves are made mainly four types of leather in their making. These are;
Cowhide is the most common one. It is a comfortable and durable choice when it comes to their usage in gloves. It is more heat resistant and warmer than others.
Q2. What about the durability of other kinds of leather?
Pigskin also offers durability and breathability. It also becomes softer with usage. Deerskin is also a warm choice and great to have in colder conditions. They also maintain durability for a long period of time. Goatskin is the most durable one. It gives you water and abrasion proof quality. It depends on the choice of the buyer to pick the best suitable option.
Q3. What is the shell material of the leather gloves?
The shell material is obviously leather. It is mostly cowhide and goatskin. They are very durable and water resistant. Proper care of them can make them last for a very long time.
Q4. How to measure for the perfect size of the glove?
There are different sizes available for the gloves. However, you can measure for yourself.
- First, measure the widest part of your hand. You can do this by closing your fist and then measuring.
- Next, measure the length from the top of the middle finger to the wrist.
- Note these measurements and round them to the nearest figure.
This way, you will get an accurate measurement of your hand. This measurement will be the best fit for you. Otherwise, many leather gloves have elastic cuffs. This helps in the snug fitting on any type of hand.
Q5. Is considering climate important when buying leather gloves?
Absolutely! If you are going to work in chilly conditions where there is snow, you will be needing a thick pair of gloves. They should be warmer to supply the necessary heat to the hands. This way you will be able to work better.
But, if you are working in any hot weather conditions but your job requires lifting, then you must go for a breathable material. Pigskin is a breathable material because of its holes type texture. Always choose according to the needs of your job environment.
Q6. What are the different types of thumb and cuff styles in the leather gloves?
Leather gloves have basic three thumb styles.
- Keystone thumb
- Wing thumb
- Straight thumb
Keystone thumb is a pointed type and gives flexibility and comfort. Wing thumb gives a more natural and ergonomic fit. The straight thumb is cheaper than others.
The cuff styles which leather gloves offer are;
- Knit wrist
- Safety cuff
- Slip on cuff
- Gauntlet cuff
Q7. What is the meaning of top grain and split leather terms?
Top grain is the part of the body where leather comes from. Top grain is the external side of the hide and usually smooth. After processing, it gives a velvety feel and is also a durable type.
Split leather comes from the underside of the hide. It is not stronger than grain leather.
Leather gloves are very popular among workers of all categories. They are abrasion and waterproof. Leather gloves are ideally suitable for heavy-duty tasks. Above, we discussed the best leather work gloves.
From them, we believe that MidWest leather gloves to stand at the top because of the genuine leather, more durability, and better fitting.